A Date with Cheng Xiao

November 2018

Stefan woke up from an epic night of sleep. Working with his solo promotions was hard work. Even through he doesn't mind working at the studio, it can be exhausting. He looked around to see that Sicheng was gone, in fact there was nobody to be found.

"That's weird normally at least Doyoung and Taeil would be here." He checked on his phone to see a email notification.

"Today is a free day. I almost forgot!" Stefan immediately smirked as a he got onto his flygear. Nothing too flashy, just comfy jeans, white tee and blue jacket, and Jordan's.

Stepping outside the dormroom with manager Ouyang supervising. Yifan thought about what Sooman-nim told him yesterday.

"Yifan I called you in here because I have some new regarding your position in NCT. Since the new SM rookies, Ten and Qiankun is on NCT I will be placing you and Winwin onto said unit."

"What? I thought it was just for them!?"

"I gave it some thought and I think you and Sicheng are the most perfect fit. You've shown to me how capable you are helping Taeyong-ah leading NCT. I will putting you as their leader. Don't think about it to much it'll something explained further at the end of the year." Sooman dismissed him.

"Why does he drop a bombshell like this. I'm the leader? I'm not cut out for this." Stefan shook his head before he felt something spill on his his shirt.

"Y-Yifan I-I'm so sorry!!" The familiar voice of Cheng Xiao rang by. Yifan looked down to see it was indeed Xiao. Her face was filled with panic, but there was something about that, that caused Yifan immediately forget his problem.

Cheng Xiao frantically grabbed the tissues from her bag and began wiping the stains from his chest.

"Xiao-mei, I didn't expect see you here. I thought you were busy in China." Stefan laughed at her antics.

"I am, but the managers have given me a day off to unwind. I was expecting to see Meiqi and Xuanyi-jie, but it looks like they aren't here either. I'm sorry for messing your outfit, let me buy you a new one!" Xiao said with puppy eyes.

"I think you done just enough Xiao. You ruined his shirt." Ouyang expressed his dismay.

"Let's get going Ouyang. We can't turn down a kind offer from a lady." Stefan grinned seeing Ouyang's nervous. After all this time, it's funny teasing his nervous manager.

"You won't be disappointed Yifan!" Xiao beamed before almost dragging him to a shopping complex where Xiao helped him. Xiao recommended several clothes to try in. Some were tacky like a suit, others were more casual.

Stefan groaned for the tenth time of having to put another outfit.

"Is this outfit fine?" He said with a forced smile.

"Hmm... Well... The angles seem to be good. It's stylish without it being too tackey." Xiao said with a questioning glare.

"Is that a yes?" Yifan asked in a hopeful tone.

"Well, considering we spent thirty minutes trying to find a special outfit."

"I don't wanna be mean, but was all that necessary? I could've just bought myself a T-shirt. Geez you and Victoria-jie have a lot in common. Y'all should've been runway models." Stefan sweat dropped as he bought the items he purchased.

"It takes a great effort to look presentable. I wasn't always into fashion, but Meiqi taught me a lot. Now I found my own style. You should be proud Yifan, you found a style rather unorthodox even by Chinese standards. It's like an American, Chinese hybrid." Xiao explains.