the islanders all watched jay and chyna walk further and further away from the love island villa as the davidson lad watched from beside his friends.

____

the four boys went around the firepit, "no, honestly, nah, i appreciate you guys, though," michael hummed, "was actually nerve-racking being up there, but i was already pre-packing my bags," dami tells them, "in my head, i was ready, i was ready to do, like, honestly,"

dami looked at them, "i love you boys, for real, like, honestly, no joke," michael half smiled at his friend when he saw paige walking over to the beanbags where the girls sat, "i'mma go pull paige for a chat,"

the davidson lad smile at his friends moving away from the firepit going towards where thr welsh paramedic was, "paige, can i pull you for a chat?"

the welsh paramedic looks up at michael, his blue eyes now down on her, "okay," he helped her up by getting ahold of her hand and bringing her up, "how are you?"

"hmm?"

the couple walked to the shaded couch, "obviously, that was like, super intense, um, but obviously just grateful that we're still—" michael nods his head, "yeah, obviously," he tells her looking into her gorgeous eyes.

michael put his arm on top of the couch, "basically, like, i do..i do miss being around you," she tells him playing with the ring on her necklace, "and i do miss you company and the way we are,"

"i know that," he tells her, "listen, you don't need to say anything to me, i know," paige kept playing with his ring, "no, i know," michael cleared his throat, "i've got something to say to you, i was in bed last night," she hummed as she now looked into his eyes, "i thought, er—"

his cheeks felt hot at paige's stare, "um, i-i want to tell you, like, because sometimes i get flustered when i'm speaking," paige nods her head, "so i just thought i'd put it down for you, you might be able to listen, so i've got it here,"

"ok,"

michael felt himself getting hotter and more flustered taking out his phone from his pocket, "the first day i walked in, it's been me and you, from the first moment i saw you, i thought you were beautiful," paige smiled at him, "only to find out after you're as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside," he spoke looking up at her every time he finished his sentence, "i've never been so excited to take a girl home to meet my parents because i know they're literally gonna adore you, i know that,"

she started to chuckle, "we were going from strength to strength before i fucked things up, if i could change it, i really would," her eyes dance around michael's face as he spoke, "i've been kicking myself for it ever since, i saw your beautiful self come in from casa amor and i'm so sorry for hurting you, i never want to do that again," he bit his lip slightly, "i'm prepared to wait as long as it takes for you to forgive me because i know that we're meant to be together and that i don't want anybody else but you,"

his words made paige's smile even more wider, "the way i felt these last couple of days, potentially losing you had been awful, casa did really open my eyes and i honestly want no-one else but you, and it showed me how much you actually do mean to me," her hand went to his shaking hand, "because without you, my time in here just wouldn't be the same and this isn't me wanting a decision from you now, this is me wanting you to know how i feel,"

"i just hope we're on the same page...paige," the couple laughed at his corny joke as her hands come to michael's cheeks bringing the boy into her placing her lips against his as michael's hand went to paige's cheek, pulling back as he looked into her eyes with his charming smile kissing her again.