~CHAPTER SEVENTEEN~

Start from the beginning

------

   It was dark now and Arlo's vision was slightly blurry. She just finished her fifth beer, or her ninth, she couldn't remember the exact number, but she wasn't worried about it. She had separated from Miguel and was now just standing by herself chugging any drink she could find containing alcohol. She threw the now empty beer bottle into the sand and stumbled over to the cooler.

   "Oh, they're all out of Mr. Pibbs." Demetri smiled slightly as he held up a red solo cup. "I got the last one."

   Arlo looked at the boy and grabbed a beer, not pulling her eyes away from him. She twisted the bottle cap of the beer bottle and took a drink. "Good thing I didn't want a Mr. Pibb."

   Demetri ignored Arlo's attitude and slurred speech and pointing behind her. "Since when was that a thing?"

   Arlo stared at the boy, confused by what 'thing' he was referencing. She turned around and stared in the direction her friend had pointed in. Her stomach dropped as she saw Hawk and Moon making out on a log by the fire.

   "So..." Demetri looked down at the girl beside him, unable to see the tears brimming the edges of her eyes. "When was that a thing."

   "I don't know." Was all Arlo could get out before she walked away as fast as she could. 

   Arlo was trying to run, but it looked more like a newborn horse figuring out how to walk. Tears blurred her already blurry vision. Suddenly she collided with someone's back, they turned around to face her.

   "Arlo?" Aisha turned to look at the girl and held her hand to keep her stable.

   "Hi Aisha." Arlo looked up and smiled while she wiped her eyes to prevent anymore tears from falling.

   Before Aisha could say anything else to the girl who was visibly a wreck, Yasmine shouted at the two of them.

   "Hey!" Yasmine stomped towards Aisha and Arlo. The sadness Arlo was feeling disappeared as soon as the blonde girl stepped into her eyeline. "You think it's funny crashing my party?"

   "It's not really your party, cause we were here first." Aisha got closer to Yasmine's face with every word she said.

   "Shouldn't have been late, blondie." Arlo smiled sarcastically.

   "Yeah, well, I know you and your little karate gang think you're cool." Yasmin turned and looked at Hawk who was now standing with Moon on the other side of Aisha, before turning back to the first two girls she spoke to. " But we all know who you really are. You are just two fugly bitches, and all your friends are freaks." 

   "And you're just a bitch with two bald spots." Arlo laughed. 

   Yasmine snapped her head toward Arlo. "What?"

   Arlo didn't think before she reacted, maybe it was the alcohol clouding her judgement, or it might've been that she was finally able to stand up for herself and her friends. Either way, Arlo curled up her fist and punched Yasmine right in the nose. Yasmine let out a high-pitched scream after she got punched. Arlo could hear laughter around her, but she didn't care about what other people were thinking. Arlo ducked down and swept the girl's legs out from under her. Another scream left Yasmine's mouth when she hit the ground. Arlo stood above Yasmine and bent down slowly grabbing a handful of her hair.