iv. Goodbyes.

CHAPTER FOUR,
Goodbyes.

     Coralia and Anika's apartment had become a comfort for the aforementioned girl

     Coralia and Anika's apartment had become a comfort for the aforementioned girl. They decorated it with the greenest of plants and had collections of books in different spots of the place. Coralia's room had been decorated with flowers and multiple hung posters and vinyl records. The main reason why the two girls became as close as they did, was because of how they contrasted each other while also having multiple similarities. Anika had been the very first friend she had made upon arriving in New York and with no hesitation she would classify her as her favorite, going as far as to call the Kayoko her best friend.

The two girls had been walking for around 10 minutes toward Sam, Tara, and Quinn's apartment as they had agreed. There was a comfortable silence hanging from both girls' shoulders. I think this is what Coralia liked best about Anika; they didn't need to be speaking, they could be quiet and they would both cherish the moment.

The ringing sound of Coralia's phone and the busy New York streets interrupted the silence. Coralia grabbed her phone, Ethan was calling her. Anika eyed the girl's phone noticing Ethan's contact name hadn't changed since their breakup and still consisted of different heart emojis.

"Hey. Everything okay?" Coralia spoke on the phone, furrowing her eyebrows at the random call.

"Hey. Yeah, everything's good. Uh, I can't make it tonight." He stated simply, Coralia slightly frowned.

He continued as if he already knew what her follow-up question was going to be. "I have Econ and I really can't miss it. But call me if anything happens tonight, Cora."

She bit the inside of her cheek, "You're gonna be alone? I--I mean you heard what Mindy said, we're all targets now. I don't think you should be alone there like without one of us."

Anika looked at her mouthing, "He's not coming?" Coralia shook her head.

"I'm not gonna be alone, Cora. There'll be other people in my class. If it makes you feel better, I'll call you when I'm leaving back to my dorm. Or maybe I'll try to get there after."

Coralia hummed, "M'kay. Call me after. Please be careful, Ethan." She smiled slightly to herself.

"I will be. And you too. I love you, Bug."

For some months, Ethan hadn't called her Bug much less had he told her he loved her. Her heart pace quickened and a smile sewn itself on her lips. "I do too." She said, hanging up the phone.

Anika glanced at her. "What do you mean he's not going?" She asks raising her eyebrows.

"He says he has Econ." Coralia shrugs. "Says he'll try to make it after." She adds.

"Mm. I'm not gonna tell you how weird that sounds." Anika raised her hands.

Coralia furrowed her eyebrows, looking at the girl with a bewildered expression. "You think he's the killer?"