iii. Franchise Rules.

CHAPTER THREE,
Franchise Rules.

     Thanks to Mindy, Coralia was awake early in the morning, because the girl believed they had to have a reunion on what to be aware of

     Thanks to Mindy, Coralia was awake early in the morning, because the girl believed they had to have a reunion on what to be aware of. Quote on quote, 'I almost caught who the motherfucker was last year. I'll nail it this time'.

So thanks to that, Coralia now sat in between Tara and Ethan in Central Park. A coffee in one hand and a bagel in another, courtesy of Ethan who knew she didn't do well in the morning without a dose of coffee, the bagel was just breakfast.

"Okay, nerds, listen up!" Mindy clapped her hands together, standing in front of the group. "As terrifying as this all is, I'm actually glad I get to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time. It's fine. The way I see it, someone is out to make a sequel to the requel." Mindy began.

Anika raised her hand, "Um, what's a requel?" She asked.

"You're beautiful, sweetie. Let's hold questions to the end." Mindy replied.

"Stab 1 took place in Woodsboro. Stab 2 took place in college." Sam spoke up, making Coralia's eyes draw in her direction.

"So we think the killer is trying to copy the movie?" Tara questioned, looking at Mindy.

"That is one possibility. Heroes now in college: check. Suspicious new characters are brought in to round out the suspect list and/or body count. Check, check, check." Mindy gestured to Quinn, Anika, Coralia, and lastly, Ethan.

"I don't like this," Ethan admitted in a low tone.

"Yeah, same." Coralia agreed, taking a bite of her bagel.

"But it can't just be Stab 2," Mindy said, moving on to the next part of her discourse. "Why not?" Tara asked.

Mindy turned to her. "It would make sense if this were a sequel. But we're not in a sequel, because nobody just makes sequels anymore." She said.

"I still don't get it," Coralia spoke with her mouth full, her hand covering her mouth.

"We're in a franchise!" Mindy exclaimed. "And there are certain rules to a continuing franchise." She said.

"I had a feeling," Sam huffed.

Mindy, however, begins to explain each rule. "Rule one: Everything is bigger than last time. Bigger budget, bigger cast, bigger body count. Longer chases, shoot-outs, beheadings. You got to top what came before to keep people coming back." Mindy informed, moving around.

"Beheadings?" Chad repeated. "Beheadings," Mindy confirmed.

Coralia wiped her mouth with the sleeve of her sweater, "I want to flee New York." She said.