And immediately, the killer in front of me putting his hands up, as if to say he surrendered. Why was he stopping? Not that I wasn't glad that he had. But the animal I'd seen tonight... That beast... Well, he would've torn my throat out.

After a few moments of silence I turned, just glancing over my shoulder at first before darting towards the first exit I came into sight of.

"Nolan, stop!"

I tried the handle but it wouldn't budge. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Silas approaching, and when he was near enough, I grabbed the first object I could fashion for a weapon. Within my hand was a closed, wrapped umbrella, the end's point just touching the dip in the killer's chest.

"It wasn't my fault! He knew that I'd put it in his drink. Look- I did what I had to do, now please don't hurt me!"

"If I wanted to hurt you, don't you think that I would have done it? God knows I'm capable of it," He reasoned, though despite my tense muscles and provoked skin, there was no threat hinted in his voice. "I don't mean you any harm."

For a split second, when he moved, every one of his words had been swept aside, and only did I properly endure them when Silas' fingers only clasped the end of the umbrella and pushed its point downwards till I eventually let go.

"Please, calm down," Once again, he surrendered. He put the umbrella down and took a few steps back, though his hands gestured in the direction of a sitting area, modern couches around a glass coffee table. Simple, but stylish.

Why was I thinking of furnishing? I was in the home- or what I presumed to be the home of, a killer. Silas' eyes had stopped glowing yellow and that had stopped me from seeing the animal that had become of him. Now I just saw the animal I'd originally seen him as.

"Why can't I just go home?" I asked, sitting down upon the couch. He'd tried to sit next to me, but as soon as he'd viewed my expression, he took another step back. I respected him for that. But it wasn't enough to make up for everything else.

"You are allowed to go home. When you're better... Look, I wasn't expecting you to wake up so early. Or heal. I'd imagined I'd have you here overnight," Silas explained, walking to the opposite side of the coffee table to myself.

"What is it that you want with me now? I've done what you asked of me!" My head slowly began to ache, though I tried not to show the struggle in my expression.

"Please, just a moment of your time to allow me to explain everything that you saw. I hadn't planned on you seeing all of that, and,"

"I don't want you to explain anything to me, don't you understand? What I want is to stay far away from you. You're a killer, a monster, a..." I didn't know what he was, but what I'd seen wasn't human. It was far from it, and it terrified me. 

I calmed down. Shouting at a psycho killer who kills psycho killers for fun wasn't going to get me anywhere but rotting in a ditch.