Chapter 4 : I'm 13 again

SR : Daylight - Harry Styles

          Lia told me the 'blind' date is gonna be at 2 pm, so I have plenty of time to prepare. It will be in a casual restaurant that has just recently opened about half an hour away from my place.
I wake up at 8:00 am today. (I don't usually wake up this early on a normal day... I was really anxious today, so... yeah)

I try to paint some strokes on my canvas in the meantime cause I just had a very strange dream, and it kind of inspired me and the fact I have to summit this painting tomorrow is getting to me slowly on the final day.

When I'm done with my morning routine and just laying around thinking what's gonna be happening today, I decide to open my wardrobe to pick an outfit for today.
Well, I did kind of mentally imagine last night before going to sleep what clothes I'm gonna be wearing, but I need to recheck if there's a better option.

I pick out a pinafore dress that's been lying around for a while that I've only worn once. I try it out, and yeah, it's good for today. I probably shouldn't think much about what I'm gonna wear cause I know he'll never be seeing me again after this.

I spend some time checking myself in the mirror, complaining about how this dress looked better on the mannequin. I tell myself it is what it is as always, and I get all dressed by 12 pm.
Now I'm gonna wait for the time to pass cause I can not do anything else on days when I have plans to meet up with someone.

~2 hours later~

Let's go. It's time to go and get away with this day somehow. I'll try to keep my cool with him cause I don't have any intention to develop a new relationship even though I'm dying of loneliness. I'm tired, and I'll make myself clear to him in the nicest way possible. It's not like he's dying to date me, but he must have been expecting something from his blind date and guess what... it turned out to be me.

I take a bus from my place to the restaurant cause cabs are expensive for me. It didn't feel like I was going on a date, though....but it's OK...it's not that serious.

Lia told me that table no. 4 would be reserved for us, so I asked the waitress to lead me there.

He's not there. Guess he's late cause it's already 2:10 pm. I sit at my table and, in the meantime, check out the place. It's an open space like it was made on a park or something, but it's cute. There are quite a lot of people here which make me a bit anxious.

After almost 15 minutes or more waiting, he finally arrives. As he walks towards my table, I'm surprised to see him not being surprised at all after seeing me there as his blind date.
Wait. Did he know all this time ?

"Hey Amya, how are you? Nice to see you again."

What's going on ?

"HEY...Joshua ....I'm good ...how about you ?

"I'm good too....sorry to keep you waiting, though .. I thought you'll be late too so I took my time."

WAIT. HE KNEW I WAS HIS DATE ?
Lia told me that he didn't know and the replacement of dates was smooth and not to his knowledge.

"Hey, can i ask you something...did you know I was your date ? Or should I ask when did you got to know I was your date ?"

The waitress interrupted before he could answer. We give our individual orders, and then he turns towards me and says,

"I actually got to know yesterday. Lia texted me saying she felt guilty about the whole blind date situation so she set me up with someone else and I was curious and pleaded her to tell me who was it and then she told me it was you. And then coincidently we met at the grocery store too yesterday ...so I just wanted to be a little friendly and all to break the awkwardness. "