Season 5 Chapter 3: Forgiveness

"Ughhh, alright, JJ, hope you're happy this time around!!"

One starry night weekend after another long day of patrol, the Bugle's infamous photographer and Webslinger, lays down on a ledge staring at the night sky, recalling about the many episodes of his life...

'Man I wish I had two bodies right about now: everyone's got their own thing going that they couldn't swing with me; got a female young version of JJ Jester for a traveling partner—if only her personality were the opposite of his—and I can't believe I just let a villain on the loose, right in front of Captain Stacy no less!? There goes my cred score with the NYPD...'

He then stares at his hands, remembering something else very important...

'And my powers...I can't keep relying on them anymore with Anti-Venom out there around to ambush me. I'm gonna need some upgrades in the future, hopefully upgrades that won't choke out every last penny in my bank account—and my wallet.'

"Hey Hotstuff! Care to accompany a lady on an evening stroll?"

Just when the peaceful atmosphere was settling in, the voice of a certain cat burglar pokes his ears hard that he vigilantly handsprung onto his feet to see his elusive seductress and frenemy.

"Missed me, short, bright, and handsome?" Black Cat smirked with honey in her tone.

"Cat...w-what do you want now!? You know, I've been just about nice with you after everything you did for me, not just because you were leading me on or anything, but right now, I don't think our truce is on a subscribed and extended period, is it?" Spider-man quipped, pointing his webshooters at her.

"Awww, really Spider? You really think so? I thought you said you owed me one?" Black Cat feigned sadness with a cute pouty face.

"Rrrrgh, gughhh fine! What is it now this time?"

"I've seen what you did a few days ago with the big guy? Hard to believe you'd let one slip up for a guy of your caliber."

"Aww shucks, you'll make me blush. I wish I were joking, but that really was my bad to kick him at the pier."

"That's what is written on paper, but knowing you, my Kitty-senses are purring that there's another side to that story..." Black Cat purred as she walks up close to Spider-man wiht his guard down.

"Okay that's it I—"

"Spider...I promise that my request is simple: my father," Black Cat finally answered. "I want you to help me break my father out of prison."

"Annnnd if I say nooooo?"

*Ka-thwack!*

"Gawwwwghk!"

Without hesitation, Black Cat roundhouses Spider-man in the face with his guard down, zero explanation too.

"Forget I asked, Spider-jerk...!"

After a line that bites even worse than Venom's, it left the Spider stunned with words until he lifted his neck and head to notice that he's left all alone on the barren rooftop.

"Okay, that sounded even worse than JJ's barking...! Should I take lessons from the nearest cat whisperer? Urrrggghh, why can't I just have a nightly patrol all to myself for once without any familiar face ambushing me!?" Spider-Man sighed.

On that same night, after St. John's play in a nearby mall's theatre...

"Another splendid performance tonight, everyone! Especially you, my dear lead Mary Jane! Exceptional as always! This here calls for a celebratory feast!" Devereaux declares.

"Thanks, Sir Devereaux, but I got a certain date right after this, and he's a nice guy this time," Mary Jane replied.

"What a shame. You may go, my dear. Do take care of yourself!"