Becoming night

THIRD-PERSON POV

Y/n closed their truck and sigh.

"What have I gotten myself into..." They muttered to themselves. They got into the front seat and started the car. Today is the day that they have to stay inside a pizzaplex for a month. After this month they're going straight to part-time. They couldn't stay in that daycare day in and day out. They start the car and drive to their home for the next month.

***

Y/n drags out their suitcase, they close the truck and locks the car. They drag the suitcase inside the mall, getting looks from passerbyers who are wondering why someone is bringing a suitcase inside the Pizzaplex. Y/n ignores the looks and makes their way to the daycare. They soon then reach the daycare, they kids are lively and they circle Y/n curious about what they're doing.

"What are you doing?"
"What's that?"
"What's in that?" The kids said, soon Sun came to the rescue by shooing the kids off.

"Let's give them some space. Come on, let's do some arts and crafts!" Sun smiles, the kids admittedly started to cry out yays and make their ways to the table and chairs. Sun looks to Y/n "Need any help?" He asks while bending down.

"No, no I'm good. I need to get settled in." Y/n states. Sun nods and goes over to the kids.

"Come get me if you need anything!" He calls out before he puts all his attention into the kids and making his own arts and crafts. On the other hands Y/n gets the suitcase into their new room, they stretch before unpacking everything onto their bed. They then put everything away where it needs to be. After they put everything away the daycare was closing. Y/n sighed, but that just ment one less day that they had to be here. Y/n goes out to meet their new...co-worker?

"Hey!" Y/n says while getting into his eyesight. He smiles at them. They bend down to their level.

"Hello! Is everything set up?" He asks, Y/n nods their head.

"Yeah, I got everything together. I just thought we could talk since we'd have to work with each other!" Y/n nervously smiles. Sun looks a bit upset.

"Awh I mean I'd love to chat, but we have a set schedule for the daycare. And after the kids leave you have to be in your room. I'm sorry.." Sun frowns. Y/n is a bit suspicious of this but goes with it.

"Oh ok. I'll talk to you later then. Night!" Y/n started to walk backwards and wave to Sun. Sun waves back as Y/n turned around to be able to see where they were walking. They get to their room and close the door. They then admittedly listen to Sun as he sighs.

"Don't hurt them Moon..." They heard him mumble. They thought about what sun said. They weren't told of someone by the name of Moon.. and not that this Moon thing could hurt them. They heard Sun sigh again as they heard the lights turn off. Y/n's room lights stayed on. They heard some rustling, and a low giggle as this thing spoke.

"You know I can't do that~" The low voice spoke. Y/n didn't understand that until I heard foot steps rapidly coming closer to their door. They fumbled with the door knobs as they locked the door. Soon something started to bang on the door, laughing. "Starlight~ open the door~ I just want to see you~" He giggled as he continued to bang the door down. Y/n started to back away in fear.

"Who the hell are you?!" Y/n yells, as they back up into a wall. The mysterious voice chuckles again.

"You could call me Moon starlight~" He cooed, then he knocked the door down, he smiled as he started to creep into the room, once light had hit him he hissed in pain and back away. Y/n tilted their head in confusion. He growled in an angry tone, as he backed away into thr darkness. Y/n then feel to their knees, they were so scared, so confused... they timidly went to the broken door and proped the door on the door frame, knowing it wouldn't do shit. But it's better than it just being agaped. Y/n then carefully got pj's out while keeping an eye on the now broken door.

"Why isn't Sun doing anything...?" Y/n muttered underneath their breath. Sun isn't helping. Didn't he say that he didn't want him hurting them? Y/n just took a deep breath before they went into the bathroom. They locked the door and started the water. It ran for a bit as they took off their clothes and hopped into the shower, they let the water run down their back. They closed their eyes and tried to calm down. But they couldn't. Not after what just happened.

(843 words)