Chapter 11: Pain and Pleasure

Brenna

That man is so infuriating! Why does he think he can order me around? Keep me under lock and key? Sure, he paid for me, but that doesn't mean that he owns me. Slavery has been outlawed in the United States for a long time. But then I realized that slavery still happens, or else the auction where he bought me wouldn't have happened.

As a wolf, I rarely grew tired, but I was mentally exhausted. So, maybe a shower wouldn't be so bad. Then I would try and get some sleep. I had no desire to have dinner with the brute. I wanted nothing from him but my freedom.

But as I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the shower, I knew that was a lie. My wolf wanted to claim him, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to claim him, too. The pull was strong, even though I didn't want it to be. I didn't want to desire him, to claim him as mine.

As the hot water rushed over me, I leaned against the shower wall, wanting it to wash away the memories, but they would never go away. Tears ran down my cheeks as memories of my beautiful mother, my fierce yet understanding and kind father, and my warrior brother rushed into my mind, knowing I would never see them again. My body shook as I cried for them... and for me, feeling completely and utterly alone.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened, and the glass shower door slid open. I looked up, ready to tell him to leave, but Adan pulled me into his arms and held me while I cried, not caring that I soaked his expensive designer suit. It was as if he had sensed my pain and had come to me. Without a word, he stripped down, never leaving my side, and held me close to his body, giving me comfort.

Adan rubbed my back, holding me as I sobbed, my body shaking as the enormity of what I had endured, what I had lost, came crashing down. When my tears subsided, I stood in his arms, defeated, welcoming the comfort of his embrace, unsure what would happen next.

He poured shampoo into his hands and began lathering my hair, gently massaging my scalp, and washing the length of my hair as he gazed lovingly into my eyes. Then I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his lips to mine, and he responded, lifting me into his arms as he pressed my body against the cold tile.

"Do you want this?" he asked, his eyes searching. "I have to hear the words, Baby Girl."

"I want you," I breathed, crushing my lips to his.

"But I won't claim you as my Mate until you're ready."

My wolf whimpered with pleasure, but I held firm. Even though the mating instinct was strong, and my core throbbed with want, I had to make one thing clear first. "If we do this, you will be with no other woman from this moment on."

He nodded, a sexy smile lighting his lips. "That's what I want. And you will be with no other man."

I nodded my agreement and pulled his lips to mine in answer as his hard cock pressed against my stomach.

The steamy heat of the shower filled the air, creating a dreamy atmosphere of pleasure and indulgence. "I have no idea what I'm doing," I breathed against his lips. "You'll have to teach me."

"With pleasure." His eyes met mine, half-mast and dreamy as his breathing quickened. "Tell me if I hurt you."

I nodded as his lips went to my neck, my breath coming hard and fast as my sex throbbed, unaware that such pleasure existed.

"I'm not going to lie," he breathed, his eyes meeting mine. "It's going to hurt at first, but then it'll start feeling good."

I nodded, never dreaming that my first time with a man would be in the shower. But in a way, it was probably better, making him slick and easier to take.