Chapter 10: A Feisty Woman

Adan

Sitting in the car in front of the castle, I looked over at Brenna, one corner of my lips curling into a smile. "So, are you coming peacefully, or do I have to carry you?"

Brenna scoffed. "Let me make one thing clear: I'm not sleeping in your room tonight."

"No, you'll have your own private quarters, but you're welcome in my room anytime you like." I chuckled, enjoying teasing her a bit more than I should. "But until I can trust that you won't run, you'll be under lock and key."

"So, I'll be your prisoner," she said flatly, understanding.

"No, you're my Mate." I let out a deep breath. "But until I can trust that you won't run, then yes, you'll be my prisoner. But the sooner you prove yourself, the sooner the locks will be removed."

"Oh, no! I'm no one's prisoner!" Brenna tried to open her door, but it was locked... and I had the controls.

I sighed, looking out the window. My guards were standing on the wide circular porch, waiting. "Brenna, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. It's up to you." I glanced over at her, arching an eyebrow, enjoying her discomfort a bit too much.

"You're a monster!" she yelled, backing against the door. "I'm not going anywhere with you!"

"You kind of already have." I chuckled. "But you have nothing to fear. I will not force myself upon you. But you will come with me and do as I say."

"Over my dead body!"

I laughed, leaning close. "I was hoping you'd say that. I love a woman with a little fight in her."

She narrowed her eyes. "You unimaginable bastard!"

I sighed as I unlocked my door and got out, my chest bare under my suit coat, since she was wearing my dress shirt. "Shield your eyes from your Queen!" I growled at my men. I didn't want anyone to see what was mine.

"Aye!" they all said in unison, turning their backs.

She started to get out, but I was already there. "Just remember: you asked for this."

"I asked for noth—" Before she could finish the sentence, I flipped her over my shoulder as she beat her fists against my broad back. "Let me go, you brute!"

I was sure her ass was exposed to everyone as I carried her up the steps since she was only wearing my shirt.

Two of the men chuckled as I passed.

"Silence!" I growled, and they quickly turned away.

"Yes!" Mason stood proudly in the foyer with his hands on his hips, smiling like an idiot. "You finally chose a Mate!"

"Silence!" I growled.

But he ignored me, speaking only to her as we passed. "Good evening, Your Majesty! I'm Mason, Adan's Underboss."

"I said, silence!" My voice boomed in the massive foyer as I climbed the curved staircase on the right. It was marble with gold railings.

"I am not his Mate!" she screamed over my shoulder.

"Oh, yes, you are!" I yelled, giving her a swat on the ass.

"Ouch! That hurt!" she yelled as Mason laughed.

"You'll get another one if you don't settle down and come peacefully!"

My room was at the top of the staircase on the left. But the room I planned to give her, for now, was right next to mine. It was as luxurious as mine and were adjoining rooms. But the only door I was going to leave unlocked was that one. She could come into my room any time she chose but wouldn't be able to roam the castle until I could trust her not to run.

I kicked the door open and flung her onto the bed, the shirt she wore rising to give me a peek of what I had to look forward to.

She hurried to pull the shirt down to cover herself. "You're a brute!"

I shrugged. "I could always put you in the dungeon, if you prefer. But I think this may be a bit more comfortable. Take a shower, and I'll have your dinner brought up. There's a robe behind the bathroom door. We keep them in all the rooms. You can wear it for now until I have my stylist come up to see to your wardrobe. Also, you'll have your own Glam Squad. They will arrive in the morning to see to your needs. But tonight, I will dine with you in your room, so be ready."

"Never!" she barked, scurrying off the bed. She looked out the window at the hard pavement seven stories below, contemplating the jump.

I narrowed my eyes. "Don't even think about it. It's too high up. You'll die as soon as you hit the ground. And if by some chance you survive, my guards will just bring you right back up here." I smirked as I headed to the adjoining door. "By the way, my room is right through this door." Then I crossed the room to her, backing her against the wall as I looked into her gorgeous blue eyes. "You can come to me any time you wish."

She slapped me across the face. "I am a princess! You will not speak to me like that!"

Brenna raised her hand to strike me again, but this time I caught it in midair. "You. Are. My. Queen. And I will address you any way I choose." I let her hand go roughly and headed toward the door. Something flew at me, but I dodged it, and it hit the wall, shattering into a million glass shards now littering the floor as the deafening sound of splintering glass filled the air.

I turned to face her, arching an eyebrow. "I wouldn't break any more if I were you. When everything in this room is gone, it'll be gone. You will get nothing more until you prove you can be trusted with it." I glared at her, my body trembling, wanting to take her, make her submit, and claim her as my Mate now. But I had to wait. I've waited for her this long; I could wait until I gained her trust. "Baby Girl, you can have a life as a prisoner here or the life of your dreams, for there is nothing I would deny you. It's up to you." Then I turned and walked out, closing the door behind me as something else shattered against the door.

Rosemarie, the maid for the top floor, stood frozen in the hallway, watching, her eyes wide, wondering what to do. "Give her a minute to calm down, then bring her a good dinner and see that the mess in her room is cleaned up."

"Yes, Alpha Cole." She bobbed a small curtsy and then headed down the service stairs to see after my Queen's dinner.

I chuckled, shaking my head as I headed down the main stairs. I do like a feisty woman.

***

A/N: So, what do you think will happen next? Comment below to let me know! More on the way!