Chapter 1

The sounds of water crashing

A woman humming a lullaby

Dolls giggling

A newborn child crying

Glass shattering

You bolted awake from your sleep; you have been getting those dreams lately. They would mostly start in a house near a waterfall, then it would switch to a woman carrying a newborn child, then the house, which was filled with dolls, and then a sound of glass shattering, then you bolt awake. 

You then look at the clock, 2:56 AM, it says. You groan, getting up and you make your way to your desk and opened your laptop. You scrolled for minutes before an idea pop into your mind. What if you make a story out of it?  'That would be great, at least I won't get bored any longer.'  You thought as you logged in back to your old Wattpad account that you hadn't used for months. You started by editing your profile picture and your description before clicking the 'Write' button to start a new story. 

You started with of course, the basics; the story title, description, tags... 'What will be the title?'  You ask yourself as you scratch your head. You overthought various creative story titles before looking at your clock which read 3:47. 'Shit! Did I really take that long?' You mentally shouted as you hurriedly shut off your laptop and went straight to your wardrobe preparing your uniform and heading straight towards the bathroom. 

Also did I mention that your mother enrolled you to Nevermore Academy? No. Anyways...

~Time-skip~

[scene changes to the principal's office]

"Y/N Beneviento... So, you are adopted by Miss Thornhill?" Principal Weems asked as she eyed both you and your mother. 

"Yes, Principal Weems." You replied with a shaky voice. 

"I found her on my doorsteps, wrapped up in a blanket." Your adoptive mother told the principal, "Then I found a note saying, 'Take good care of her, her name is Y/n Beneviento', I decided to let her keep her biological last name."

"You seem to be a kind soul, Marilyn." Weems said as she smiles at your mother. "You took care of her as if she was your own, hm?" 

"Yes, Miss Weems, why would I leave a poor baby to die?" Marilyn asks her. 

Weems reached for a folder and opened it to see the files inside. "You've certainly had a very interesting educational journey. In fact, you remind me of the new girl, Wednesday Addams." Weems said as she examined the file before looking at you.

"Who's Wednesday, Principal Weems?" You asked her as she handed a folder to you. 

"Here Y/N." Weems said before turning to Marilyn. 

Weems opened the folder again and looked at the files compiled in it. "Nevermore doesn't usually accept students in mid-term but given your perfect grades, I have decided to let you in." 

"Miss Weems, what about Y/N's therapy sessions?" Marilyn asks Weems. "She insists on getting therapy." She added. 

"Oh yes. She can meet Dr. Kinbott twice a week in town." Weems replied to Morticia's question and took a glance at the files. 

Weems puts the folder down and turned to look at them. "I've assigned you to your Ophelia Hall." She said, "We currently don't have any spare dorm rooms, so you'll have to move into Enid and Wednesday's room." 

"I just hope you three will get along, especially you and Wednesday."

You nodded slowly, then she asked, "Should we go and meet your new roommates?"