In that single moment, the world around them fades into insignificance, leaving only the magnetic pull that draws them together and pushes them apart simultaneously. The silent exchange between their eyes becomes a battlefield of unspoken truths, of what could have been and what now lies forever beyond their reach.

As the weight of the twin girls' existence settles upon Saerra's heart, her emotions surge, threatening to overwhelm her fragile composure. Jealousy and resentment intertwine with sadness and resignation, creating a potent cocktail of conflicting emotions. She feels the sting of inadequacy, knowing that Laena was able to provide Daemon with the one thing she never could—a legitimate family, a tangible connection to the Targaryen legacy.

The presence of Ser Otto Hightower looms over the crowd like a specter, casting a shadow of discomfort upon Saerra's already troubled soul. His eyes, sharp and calculating, seem to bore into her, amplifying her unease and making her feel like an outsider in her own skin. She yearns for an escape, a respite from the suffocating weight of her emotions.

Daemon's eyes, filled with a mixture of longing and uncertainty, hold her captive. They silently speak volumes, revealing a deep-rooted connection that time and distance have failed to erase. In that moment, Saerra is transported back to the echoes of their past, the passion they once shared, and the undeniable bond that still lingers beneath the surface.

Her heart pounds in her chest, torn between the desire to flee and the yearning to bridge the chasm that separates them. The tension between them becomes palpable, a silent dance of unresolved emotions and unspoken words. It is a fragile balance, one that threatens to shatter at the slightest provocation.

In the depths of their locked gaze, the complexities of their shared history unravel, intertwining with the present moment. It is a collision of love and loss, of what might have been and what can never be. In those eyes, Saerra glimpses a flicker of the passion they once shared, a spark that refuses to be extinguished despite the passage of time.

" Have you eaten?" He asks softly, being the one to finally break the silence.

Saerra's breath catches in her throat at the sound of Daemon's voice. It is a bittersweet melody that stirs a flurry of emotions within her. His words, though simple and practical, carry a weight of concern and tenderness that pierces through the layers of their complicated history.

She pauses, her eyes still locked with his, and for a fleeting moment, she considers the possibility of surrendering to the pull that has always existed between them. But the walls she has built around her heart, fortified by years of pain and longing, remain steadfast. She takes a small step back, breaking their intense gaze, and a hint of sadness flickers across her features.

"I... I have not," She finally responds, her voice tinged with a mix of vulnerability and reservation.

Her gaze shifts to the ground, unable to meet his eyes fully. The distance between them feels tangible, an unspoken reminder of the years they spent apart, the choices made, and the wounds that still linger.

The tension in the air remains, like a taut wire waiting to snap. Saerra feels the weight of unspoken words hanging heavily on her tongue, words that hold the power to rekindle the flame or douse it entirely. But fear, doubt, and the scars of their past keep her restrained. All those years spent building up her confidence, only for the wall to crash right at this very moment.

Daemon's gaze softens, his eyes searching for a connection that seems just beyond their grasp. He takes a step forward, closing the physical gap between them but unable to bridge the emotional chasm that separates their souls. His hand twitches, as if longing to reach out and touch her, to bridge the gap and erase the years of pain and longing.