"You know what wasn't good?"

"Mm?" I hum while taking yet another sip.

"You fucking up your chances with that fine ass giant, girl!" She hits my shoulder harder than she might've intended.

My jaw drops. "You saw that?"

"Of course, I saw it!" She scoffs and makes herself the blue drink I was looking at earlier. "I always keep an eye on you at parties. Even if it doesn't seem that way."

"Stalker."

"A proud stalker." She corrects. "You fumbled the Fuckin'! Bag!"

I shrug and put the cup to my lips. "He wasn't all that."

"But the dick would've been."

I almost choke on my drink. "What-"

"It would've! You know what people say: Two long legs make a third one just as long."

"People don't say that."

"They shouldn't have to, that shit is supposed to be common sense. You should've seen his little face when you said no. He looked like a heartbroken puppy."

"The puppy looks fine to me." We both look over and see the same guy talking to another girl who seems way more interested than I did.

Essence looks at me with the most disgusted face.

"What?"

"No way you're gonna take that."

I give her a confused glance. "What are you talking about?"

"He's obviously doing that to make you jealous! He wants to show you that he can move on fast too."

You know, I really love Essence.

But sometimes, she says the most stupidest shit.

After ungluing my face from the stuck look of concern, I take another drink. Not only because it's good, but because she stresses me out that much. "Delusional," I say.

"Go make him jealous back!"

"What? No."

"Why not!" She scoffs, "He's even pointing over here. He wants you so bad. Look at how hard he's eyeing you, even though he has a whole different female in front of me."

I take another drink before responding. This alcohol isn't kicking in fast enough. "Maybe because we're right in front of the drinks and he's offering her one."

"And you're okay with that!?"

"Why wouldn't I be!?"

Now, she looks at me like I'm the crazy one. "He's trying to get to you!"

"Girl-" I cut myself off with a grunt. "Look, if I go get a guy's number can we go home and you leave this dude alone?"

She nods.

I sigh and look around the room.

Everywhere I turn, there's already a guy looking at me who adverts his eyes the moment we make eye contact.

That's too easy.

If I'm going to try and talk to someone, I want it to be hard. I don't want someone who's easily going to give me what I ask for.

I look along the walls of the building where I see a hooded man who seems to be on his phone.

He's standing next to his friend who's taller than him and who seems to be anxiously looking around.

"Him?" Essence almost gags. "Girl, he looks like he doesn't even wanna be here."

"Oh look," I smile. "We already have something in common."

I make my way towards him and not once does he look up.

After forcing my way through different crowds of people, I walk up to him and take a moment to examine him.

He's wearing dark clothes with black combat boots that make him a bit taller. His face is lit from the screen of his phone.

So, he's a light bright. I usually stay away from those.

But this one's kinda cute.

He looks up as if he's finally noticing my presence. He looks me up and down slowly. Using his eyes to follow every imperfection and curve of my body.

Normally, after a guy checks me out, I'm able to see on their face that they like what they see.

This one; however, is completely unreadable.

I can't tell at all what he's thinking.

His face remains the same. Emotionless with a hence of annoyance if you look close enough.

He allows his eyes to linger a bit longer on my legs and hips before bringing them back up.

When his eyes finally reach mine, he holds a stare that causes my legs to feel a little weak.

He's still expressionless as he takes in every detail of my face.

My heartbeat begins to speed up.

That is until he stops and goes back to his phone.

I have to take a moment to catch my breath. I don't know what that was but it drive me insane.

I almost feel offended, but I kind of like it? "Hey?" I say.

He looks at me again and stares as if he's waiting for me to hurry up and get to the point.

"You look bored," I try to joke.

He and his friend make eye contact. "If you're here to fuck, I'm not interested. If you're here a picture, I'm not interested. And if you expect any kind of shout-out, I'm not giving you one." He says, finally speaking in his low, raspy voice.

I'm not very good at controlling my facial expressions. So, I can already imagine the look on my face is scrunched and confused.

"A picture?" I chuckle. "The fuck would I ask you for a picture for?"

For a split second, he breaks. His eyes widen just a little; enough me to be able to notice that he's shocked.

He hides it so fast though that I start to feel like it never happened. "What do you want then?"

"I wanted to get to know you because I thought you were kind of cute." I bluntly say. "But your attitude blew the fuck out of me. Never mind."

Two familiar hands hit my shoulder. It's followed by a burst of obnoxious, forced laughter. "Ignore my home girl. She isn't always this bitchy. Just... brutally honest. You get used to it though."

Nobody says a word at her attempt of trying to lighten the mood. I take a few sips of my drink and advert my attention towards the door.

"Yeah," I say. "I'm leaving."

"What?"

"I'm out."

"I don't wanna leave yet though!"

"I'll Uber." I retort and make my way out the door.