“Disputatio.” Talk, Nat said, and she snapped me out of my trance. “Emma, what is our mission?”

“A mission is when you go and do something important for the benefit of the magical world. The voice has come to talk to us about your mission. Magic came, which means your mission is very important. You must know that on a mission, you cannot teleport and have to travel the human way. One more thing you must know, being assigned a mission is a great honor and many magicians do not get the honor of it so you must not brag, and you must not act like it’s no big deal that you got this mission, especially at such a young age.”

“Okay, but what are going to do on our mission?” I asked impatiently.

“Your mission is to kill or at least delay the sorcerers and figure out how to stop their ancient magic. That is all we know, but your mission will go far beyond that and you will do great things.”

“Okay.” My parents were definitely very dramatic under the talking spell! “Where do we have to go then?” I asked.

“To begin your mission, you must go to an area that was in the most recent Olympics in Canada. From there I do not know where you must go, but the voice will meet you there. You have the honor of meeting magic.”

“Why the Olympics?” Brent asked. Of course he was concerned about why; he always liked to know why.

“Because magicians built the Olympic stadiums and the Olympics was a magical place. It was a proud time to be a magician, for the world to see our creations.” Brent nodded.

“Anything else we should know?” I asked.

“Spells are in Latin, and Latin comes easily to you. You know the spells off the top of your head and do not have to think. Every mission has a theme to it and your mission has been given an unlucky theme. The theme is ‘Improvisus,” meaning unforeseen. No one knows what to expect for your mission, only that one of the four will return home and the other’s will be gone.”

I sighed. Of course we would get the luck of having an unlucky mission and only one of us returning home. I really tried not to think about only the one of us returning home. “Well thanks for the help, we should be going now.” I turned to Nat. “Are you ready, Nat?”

“Yes I am. Oblitus.” Forget, Nat quickly said and I dropped the talking spell.

“Somnus.” Sleep, I said and my parents fell fast asleep.

Nat started to run to the pantry, “Clones, Nat, clones!”

“Right! Duplicare.” Duplicate, Nat said.

“Duplicare.” Duplicate, I said after Nat and pointed my wand at Brent and then me. I felt something pulling at me and then suddenly I was starting at me, but it was my clone me. “Hello,” I wanted to see if it could talk.

“Hi.” The clone me responded and luckily it sounded just like me.

“Go to your rooms now.” I said, and the clones ran upstairs. They were fast learners. Then we ran over to the pantry and threw random food that was in bags in our backpacks and some crackers. Nat and I didn’t bother shrinking them because we could fit all the food in our bags with no problem.

Then we ran outside and I remembered one of the small details I overlooked. “Guys, we have a problem. We don’t have a car!” Nat groaned and gave me the look. “I’m sorry, but I didn’t see you guys trying to help out with the plan.” See, the problem wasn’t the fact that we couldn’t drive, because we all had our G license and were able to drive no problem. The problem was that Mom and Dad were too cheap to buy a car for any of us. Not even one car for us to share, and we couldn’t take one of Mom and Dad’s cars, because then the police would get involved and they would probably figure out we took it.