CHAPTER SEVEN: ARREST

After speaking to her mother on the phone, Lily took her bag and her camera for a bit of sightseeing. She knew she could not stay any longer; therefore, she would use her last day to visit some of the kingdom's most beautiful sights.

The kingdom looked more beautiful as Lily took time to explore it and appreciate its people and unique cultures. The food had never once disappointed her taste buds, and the people had never passed without smiling at her. Lily walked through the busy markets; the smell of scented perfumes and spices greeted her, and she felt invited.

Traders filled the market as they bargained off their precious goods, and people scrambled for them. Both modern and traditional pieces were up for sale. Lily stood at a particular stall where a woman sold the most beautiful sculptures that she had ever set her eyes on.

"How much is this?" Lily asked the young woman, who smiled at her and named her price. Lily took a few notes from her bag, and the young woman handed her the miniature statue of the elephant.

"Thank you." Lily thanked the young woman. She walked away from the store while carefully studying the miniature figurine, the figure painted in gold paint, and other parts of it painted in different colors.

Lily had been walking for nearly an hour when she stopped in front of the palace. Her toes began tingling, a sign that she needed to find out what was in there and who was in there. She was aware that the king had passed on and that the palace was mourning his death, but that did not stop her from wanting to find out what the interior looked like.

"You are not going in there," Lily told herself, hoping that this would discourage her from walking close to the palace. Lily began walking away, but she stopped and turned. The gates of the palace were now opening, and before long they were wide open.

Within no time, five heavily armored Jeeps drove into the palace, leaving just enough time for Lily to run in without notice. She slipped into the palace grounds while all the guards occupied themselves with someone that Lily could not make out. She snuck through the back of the bushes and made sure that she kept away from eye view.

Her heart still pumping in her chest as she thought of all the things that could happen to her if she were to be caught by any of the guards, she tried turning back, but she stopped. Now that things were clearer, Lily could see the beauty of the palace. Up close, the palace was not as white as it appeared to be but rather cream, and the garden was the most beautiful that she had ever seen.

The garden had beautiful statues of different figures, some of which Lily could make out and some of which she could not, but even so, it was beautiful. She touched each of them, and surely, the stones were carved out of white marble, and the texture was smooth without a bump.

She took out her camera from her bag and took pictures of the beautiful scenery, making sure that she stayed out of sight. Now the fear was gone, and she continued discovering more of the palace, even stopping to take a break and eating her snacks while sitting on the grass with the tree covering her from view.

It had now been more than two hours since she had sneaked into the palace. She gathered her things as she was ready to leave; these pictures that she had taken would serve as a lovely souvenir.

"Guards, Guards! Intruder alert! There is a threat to the prince's life!" Someone yelled out from the palace balcony, and when Lily looked up, a woman was yelling, her eyes focused on her. Lily knew that she had been spotted, and immediately she took off running.

**

Her arrival in her hotel room was a fresh breath of relief. She was lucky that none of the guards had caught up to her, and she was happy that she slid into the small opening before the gates shut.