Vivid Sydney Highlights For The Youth

Vivid Sydney is one of the most prominent festivals of the 'Harbour City' that witnesses the confluence of lights, ideas, music, and food. As a popular attraction in Sydney, it offers enough options to entertain people of all age groups, be it locals or tourists.

Are you a youngster yet to decide whether to attend this spectacular event? Here's a short read on some fantastic aspects of this event, which will make you crave to be a part of it.

A Perfect Break from Work

Attending an event after having a long week at work is one of the perfect ways to take a break. You can meet people from various walks of life, and enjoy the jaw- dropping views of various events like 'Lighting of the Sails' and 'Written in the Stars' from one of the Vivid Lights harbour cruises.

Immerse yourself in the festive vibes and the multisensory experience of lights and colours.

Learn about innovative and sustainable ideas impacting the world

Vivid Sydney will serve as a perfect platform for you to learn about the groundbreaking ideas that transform lives. You can listen to the experts talk about life changing ideas such as the green future of Sydney's buildings, impact of emerging technologies on how we design cities, and the contemporary state of sustainable design. Use this opportunity to learn about how we can create cities with a human touch and much more.

Who knows you might be inspired to come up with ideas your future generations will thank you for!

Enjoy world class dining experience and culinary events

Get ready to be part of events that celebrate fire, food, and flavours, bringing together the best dining concepts in Sydney. Relish the flavours of an irresistible feast prepared by Sydney's favourite chefs, and watch the captivating demonstrations of talented chefs. Try your hands at the delicious street food and innovative dining concepts.

Don't miss the magic of collaborative dinners as cutting-edge global chefs pair up with the iconic Sydney restaurants.

Experience the power of storytelling to create change

Discover the incredible impact of storytelling on us as you watch inspiring documentaries bring about tangible changes. Seize this opportunity to listen to some of the famous Australian Filmmakers to reveal the truth and empower the public to shift away from the pessimistic views of the environment.

Go back home with a greater sense of appreciation for storytelling and a sense of hope for the future!

Learn to look at grief from a fresh perspective

Negative emotions can be overpowering and dealing with them can be challenging. One such emotion is grief and we all handle it differently. But what if we could look at grief in a different manner? Catch Sally Douglas and Imogen Carn, the founders of 'Good Mourning', a podcast on grieving, engage in an interactive, refreshing, frank conversation with the Comedian Grace Rouvray about death and grief.

Watch them tackle various misconceptions (often hilarious), painfully vague aphorisms, and uncomfortable questions and challenge your natural ways of thinking.

Reconnect with nature with a mindfulness workshop

Slow down, look at nature with a fresh pair of eyes and embrace mindfulness in the midst of greenery at the Royal Botanic Gardens. Challenge the relentless pace of modern lives under the guidance of mindfulness facilitators Steve Pozel and Vanessa Lansdown. Broaden your experience of the world around you and fight sensory blindness from impinging your daily lives!

Fall in love with the natural beauty of the famous Botanic Garden like never before! This transformative and unforgettable experience will leave you rejuvenated!

As you can see, Vivid Sydney offers more than just festivities. You can spend some time away from your busy lives, immerse in the breathtaking Vivid Lights from any of the Vivid Sydney dinner cruises, meet new people, learn new concepts, and much more to start your week ahead with a bang!

So are you equally excited as us to attend this year's Vivid Sydney?