“Could you do that for me?” Brent asked. I saw a look of hope on his face and I realized that he really wanted a wand, and must not have liked Nat and I having the entire spotlight.

“I could, but you could do it too. That’s the only spell you can do without actually having a wand.” She glanced nervously at me.

“Brent you’re not a little kid, just do it yourself!” I said as Brent was trying to make his decision.

“Fine, Baculum.” Wand, Brent said and suddenly he was holding a magical wand. I looked at it. His was black and it had white stripes on it like a candy cane. The word on his wand was Desperdere, Destroy. “Thanks for the help, Brooke!”

“No problem. Its cool knowing there is other magicians around here. I know of a few others of course, but still the more is better. I don’t feel so messed up when I meet new magicians.”

“You feel messed up?” Nat asked. “Magic is supposed to be a gift. I think it’s really cool how I’m a magician.”

“Well, after a while it gets a little old, but I’m going to go get packed now so I’ll see you in a few minutes.” She ran into her house and then a few minutes later she came out with a backpack and a pair of keys.

“I’ll get the car out, but before we leave, I would like to know if you are going on a mission.” I had forgotten that we hadn’t told Brooke about the mission part.

“Yeah we are.”

“Okay, do you guys have any idea where you’re going?”

“Yeah we need to go to the most recent Olympics in Canada, so the Vancouver games. We’re not exactly sure where or what courses, but that’s all we know.” I answered.

Brooke’s eyes widened. “I had a dream of the Olympic ski-cross course. I don’t remember what the dream was about, but I just remember being there. I knew it would be really important.” The next morning, I went to the course, but I didn’t find anything there. I thought Magic would be there, but he wasn’t.”

“She? Magic isn’t a person is it? I thought magic was a thing.” I said.

“No, Magic is the one who gives us our powers. He is like the….the president of magic. He guides magicians the best he can without breaking the ancient laws.”

“Oh, well that’s good to know.”

“Well now we know where we’re going.” Brent said happily and then he turned to me. “See Candace? I knew we should take her, if we hadn’t we’d be searching forever! We would’ve had to search all the stadiums, courses, arenas, and all that stuff.” Of course Brent said that loud enough so Brooke could hear, but Brooke didn’t seem to care.

“Whatever Brent.”

“Guys, we have a problem!” Nat said.

“What is it, Nat?”

“I see a jogger, and he’s wearing Steve’s jogging clothes. Steve is coming.”

“Brooke please start the car right now. We need to go! My dad can’t see us; if he does we’re done.”

“Your parents don’t know you’re gone?”

“We’ll explain once we’re out of here. Please can we just go?” I pleaded.

“Okay fine, but I want to know what’s going on.” Brooke said. I wasn’t too pleased that we’d have to tell her about our mission, but we really did need to go. She was being nosy, but I couldn’t let Dad see us.

“Go!” I said and we all ran over to the car. Brooke unlocked it and we stepped in. She stepped on the gas and away we went. I didn’t rest until we were out of the area Dad ran in. Nat began to explain everything to Brooke as soon as we were on the highway.