"Ha ha. You're very funny. I have to go now and deal with this issue." Lionel shooked his head and sighed before ending the online call. He turned to his secretary. "Send her in."

"Hey." Monique peeked her head with her white teeth glowing. Lionel turned to her not sharing the same happiness as she was to see him. It had been days since they saw and spoke to each other. "I'll come in anyways." She said before walking into his office and sat on one of the couches in his office.

"Why are you here?" Lionel got straight to the point.

"I came to see you." She responded making Lionel raise a brow. "Relax. I came to see you because..." She bit her lip and looked unsure. "Am moving out of the city. I...got a job in another city and I thought to let you know my decision of moving away." She added now looking into his eyes. For once she hoped within to see something change even just the tiniest slight change flash in his brown eyes. She wanted to see his reaction when she told him she was moving for good.

She had pounded hard on her mother's words about not becoming a crazy woman chasing after a man that didn't love her. She deserved more than that according to her mother. But still, she had to come to tell Lionel about her decision and hoped he would feel something by her moving away from him. They had been together for three years so it should be natural for him to feel some weird feeling inside of him. Or so she hoped for. If somehow she still held a little importance in his life.

But her heart sank even more not seeing any changed reaction from him. He looked as normal as ever. She saw a small smile on his face and he leaned further to her. He held both her hands and stared at her. "Am very happy for you Monique. Believe me am extremely happy that you've decided to move forward." His words broke her as that was not the words she had expected from him. It wasn't a shock for her but it was still a painful thing for her. She knew he never truly loved her and only was infatuated by her elegance and mannerisms. The perfect character of an elegant woman he always pictured by his side.

She still smiled to him and felt a check of harsh reality slapping her face. He was honest with her while she always lied to herself. She knew staying here in New York would be hard for her especially when she knew he only had eyes for his first ex-wife. He was never going to love him and she had to accept the bitter truth. It was now she realized she had made the right decision to move away. She had gotten a job from an oil company in Italy and it was a well experienced company and enough for her to start her life afresh again.

She inhaled sharply and smiled at him even more. She needed to see him to know what she wanted now in her life. Life had given her a second chance and she was free to live her life to the fullest so why waste them chasing the man that wasn't interested in her. Even she knew now that it wasn't worth it.

"Also I want to apologize to you for...." She gulped hard and faced him again. "I knew you never loved me from the start. I took advantage of your situation of wanting a perfect life partner as my weapon to be with you. I loved you Lionel and I still do honestly. But I know my love had been one-sided. Please forgive me if you can for ruining your first marriage." She looked away feeling too guilty to even look him in the eye.

"No Monique. It was my fault entirely for ruining my first marriage. You had your reasons but I wasn't justified for my own acts either. I acted on my act and chose to leave Eden. I didn't value her back then and not a day goes by that I don't wish to turn back time and fix everything. Not only was I not there for her but also not for my daughter. My angel." He smiled sadly.

"Yeah. It was all messed up. But I do wish that you are happy Lionel. I honestly wish that for you and if you're happy then am happy as well." Monique smiled. "And I really want you to find someone that loves you for you. And not like me who only used you for my selfish wants. You're cancer free now so you have many years to live. I hope you find a gentleman that will care for you very much. I never wanted to say this to you, ever but if you need anything, then don't hesitate to call me." Lionel smiled and Monique chuckled. "Can I have a last hug from you?" She asked. "Of course." Lionel got to his feet and rounded to his side and hugged her. Monique closed her eyes wanting to feel his touch and warmth for the last time.

She didn't know what life had installed for her in the future. She didn't even plan to be in any relationship after Lionel. Love hadn't been lucky for her and she didn't want yet another heartbreak in her life again. She sniffled and pulled away before waving a goodbye. She wasn't going to be back to this city anymore and decided to start her life over in Italy with her mother.

Monique left Lionel's company soon after. She called her mother to approve the flight for Italy. She had taken a few days to rethink her life after her surgery and now was sure what she wanted to do. "Am happy you decided to move to Italy honey." Rosalinda smiled over the phone. Monique gulped and nodded. She called the manager at the company in Italy and accepted the job. Her mother had told her about the flight scheduled for tonight and needed to park her things. Monique agreed but told her mom she needed to be somewhere important first.

Eden was busy working on a client when one of her juniors came to notify her of having someone wanting to see her. Eden narrowed her eyes wondering who would want to see her. She checked her time and saw it was 11am in the morning. She nodded at the junior and handed her the curler to finish up while she attended to her mysterious visitor at her workplace.

She thought it could not be Julian as he was upset with her. She was at fault for what happened last night and knew his anger was justified. She decided to give him some time and space to bear with what happened last night. She hadn't even gone to Susan's house since last night but wasn't worried about Mia as Sauna always gave her frequent updates via Whatsapp about Mia. She also hadn't told Anne and Susan about how last night ended up.

She got to the waiting area and was surprised to see who was waiting for her. She looked past her and believed to see someone else apart from her but there was no one. It was only her. Eden blinked and wondered if she was actually the one.

Monique turned her back that was facing Eden and smiled at her. "Hello Eden."

Eden stood to her spot and didn't respond for a few seconds. She had expected her to yell out at her or lash her nails on her face or at least try to create a scene at her workplace but she did neither of those things. She was baffled by Monique's behavior.

Monique smiled and saw Eden's surprised look on her face. "I know you think am acting weird for not going all bizarre but I didn't come to fight nor cause a scene. I only came here to apologize to you." She said and Eden blinked again in shock.

.

.

.

Julian groaned in bed and hissed feeling his head so damn heavy and throbbing. He lifted his head from the pillows and rested them on the headboard wincing in pain. "Damn what a headache." He hissed again and turned to his left only to have his eyes widened like they are about to bulge out from their sockets.

He blinked and even rubbed his eyes thinking the throbbing headache was causing him to have hallucinations. Paula was lying by his side and sleeping soundly. Her upper chest was visible and not under the white sheets. He saw she was naked and then turned to look at himself. He lifted the sheets and gulped seeing that he was also stark naked. He rubbed his face that had gone pale instantly. What had happened last night.

He winced holding his head as he tried to recall what happened last night. He opened his eyes in shock as all the vivid images that happened last night flashed before his very own eyes. "Fuck!" He cursed a bit louder and banged his head against the headboard making Paula stir in her sleep. He recalled Eden leaving him in a lustful and desirable state. He wanted a release and couldn't think straight and called Paula immediately.

He also remembered gulping an entire body of wine to drown his sorrows and aching heart. He was beyond pained and broken from inside. Why did he have to fall in love with her and have his heart broken a second time. He thought Eden was different but he now told himself that she was just like Paula. They both used him and left him when he was of no use to them.

He turned to Paula who was still sleeping and hissed out. "This is all your fault Eden Quinn. I was forced to do this all because of you." He gritted out. "Because of you I was forced to become a cheater." His anger slowly turned into pain. What had he become all of a sudden. He wasn't like this.

"I love you Eden and I won't allow you to leave me not ever!" He said to himself with determination flaring in his eyes. He turned to Paula and harshly woke her up. Paula pouted in her sleep obviously not wanting her beauty sleep disturbed.

"Wake up Paula!" He yelled out and Paula gruffly woke up staring at Julian. "What is the matter baby?" She asked in her groggy voice.

"Get out!" He demanded and Paula blinked in shock.