"I will always protect you, sister."

She went up to see Elijah after his shower. He seemed on-edge, hands trembling as they struggled to fasten his tie. Kol had given her a run-down of what it seemed Esther had done to him. Spells to force forward memories of his worst deeds, torture to keep his mind open, all in the hopes of making him see that becoming human was the only way out.

That was certainly a more drastic approach than what she'd taken with Vivalda and Klaus.

Wordlessly, Vivalda hugged him from behind. He relaxed when he realized it was her, patting her hands gently. She didn't need to speak for him to know that she was worried about him, that she just wanted him to be okay.

Kol and Antonella were ready to return to Germany. Vivalda was hopping on the plane with them, intending to help with the de-linking spell they were now planning. Klaus and Elijah weren't fans of it, but Vivalda had stated as bluntly as possible that she refused to let Antonella die because of her own 'daddy issues.'

Rebekah, as expected, agreed to participate once the spell was prepared. Her brothers refused. Vivalda hoped she could eventually convince them, but figured there was a slim chance. She wasn't worried at all. Her sirelings thought she was a goddess walking among them; they'd never hurt her and if they tried, Tristan and Lucien would help her put them down without hesitation. Following The Strix merger, everyone was much happier. It wasn't her fault her brothers had made more enemies than friends. Though she promised she would help them defeat anyone who came for them, it wasn't a risk they were willing to take.

She had one more stop to make before heading to the airport, a private jet fueled up and waiting to take her back into Tristan and Lucien's open arms. She walked into St. Anne's Church with flowers and a small box, trudging up the staircase where Davina was waiting.

"I don't know what you're here to ask for, but I'm done doing favors," said Davina. "I helped Kol because he's wanting to make a dagger that'll work against Klaus. That is in my interests because it keeps Marcel and Josh alive and him out of the picture. He gave me dark objects. You brought... flowers?"

"And this," said Vivalda, tossing her the box. "Car keys. I've got a gift waiting for you outside. Not because I'm trying to buy your forgiveness but because I found out you recently turned seventeen and don't have a car. It helps to have freedom, trust me."

She leaned into the doorway. "Look, Rebekah and Marcel drew Mikael here because they hated how Klaus controlled them. I imposed my will upon people in your circle, as did Klaus, so you brought Mikael to hurt us. I understand it. I know I caused it. And I am sorry, I am. I've done horrible things I can't take back. I hurt a lot because I seek approval from someone who's never going to give it to me. It's become a habit."

She chewed on her lip. "I don't often regret it but I've thought a lot about what I did to Monique and Abigail. Even what I just did to Lenore, who didn't do anything to deserve her fate. I don't like being seen as soft, so I push people away. I pretend I don't care when I do. Sometimes I let what needs to be done overpower the few morals I have left. I stick to a code. I kill but never kids. Lately I've let that slip and I don't like it. I'm ashamed. I can't really justify it. I do everything in the name of family but I suppose I forget to think how it affects other people. How it hurts their families."

With a sigh, she finished, "I want to try and be more mindful of that. At least where kids in New Orleans are concerned. My niece will grow up here one day and I want to set a good example. Not to mention you are distantly family, too. I haven't been the kindest to you and I want to start by respecting you. I don't come asking for forgiveness, I just want you to know my apology is sincere. Keep being a good kid. Or as good as you can be, given the circumstances. You're already loads better than us. Just keep yourself out of trouble. And don't let anyone push you around."