ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30: ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀᴛ ʟᴀꜱᴛ

(Well....we made it guys. I apologize if it seemed like I was skipping around events bc I was, lol. I was trying to keep the chapter as short as possible, but yeah that ain't work lol. It's a VERY long one, so brace yourselves! Enjoy!)

   Darkness was all I saw, and sharp pains that erupted from different parts of my arm was all I felt. I forced myself to wake up, and when I came to, I saw Simon leaning over me, keeping my head steady. He must've noticed that I was awake, as I saw his eyes go wide, before returning to their usual sunken state. "Take it easy doll, you're gonna make it. You have to." He whispered, brushing away a stray strand of hair that had fallen onto my face. "Is she awake?" I heard someone else call from behind me. "Yeah." Simon mumbled, keeping his attention solely on me.

'So I made it...? This isn't a dream right...?' I asked myself. I couldn't exactly tell where we were as my view was obscured by Simon's massive body. However, judging by the unsteadiness of the floor, I guessed we were back in the plane now. Taking a slow, deep breath, I looked up at Simon, who was looking down at me, gave him a nod, and let my persistent fatigue take over me.

~

I don't know how long I slept for. Days, maybe even weeks had passed, before I found myself cracking open my eyes once again. However, this time, instead of being hit with the usual darkness I was accustomed to, bright lights shone down on my face, immediately making me want to shut my eyes for good. But despite this, I pushed through, and worked one eye open at a time. It wasn't long before I heard someone yell, "She's awake! Patient 0924 is awake!" A lady screamed. Her voice was very high pitched, and so I understandably winced at the sound of her screaming.

Seconds later, a whole bunch of people were by my bedside, asking me questions. I couldn't tell who was who, because my darn eyes just wouldn't focus, but I did know that none of the voices I heard sounded familiar to me. All of the chatter abruptly stopped, when a very deep voiced man called everyone out of the room. I listened as the group of people left, and to the sound of the door shutting behind them. However, one person hadn't left, and I listened as they dragged a chair from out of the far corner somewhere, over to my bedside, before plopping down.

   "Belladonna Freeman, yes?" The man asked, his accent being that of a pure American. "Yes." I weakly answered. Upon hearing my own voice, my hand flew up to massage my throat. 'Why the hell do I sound like absolute shit...?' I asked myself. "You have a dry throat right now. It's common for those who have been in a coma for some time." The man nonchalantly said, clicking his pen as if he was going to write something. 'Wait...did he say a coma?' I asked myself yet again. "A coma? I've been in a coma?" I grunted out. "Yes, you have. For a week, to be exact." He said, and my mouth fell open. "Yup. You need fluids. Drink this." He said, grabbing my hand, and placing a cup in it.

   I cautiously raised it to my mouth, and felt as my throat was finally relieved of its dryness. "Thank you." I said, finishing the Gatorade, and crushing the cup in between my fingers. "No problem. If you don't mind, I'm going to ask some questions on your current condition." He said, and I heard as he clicked his pen again. I nodded, and waited for him to start. "How are you feeling right now, any pain, soreness?" He asked.
"No." I mumbled.
"Can you see?" He asked.
"Not really. Everything is really blurry right now." I said.
"Ok, that's understandable. You haven't seen artificial light in a while. Besides your eyes, how are your other senses?" He asked.
"I can smell, but it's like my hearing has been improved. I can hear almost everything now." I said, chuckling at my discovery.

   However the doctor didn't have the same reaction as me. "Oh no. No, no, no that can't be right." He said, abruptly standing up from his chair. "I'm going to shine some light in your eyes, tell me if it's painful." He said. I nodded, and patiently waited. "3...2...1 Testing." He said, before shining a small light in both my eyes. At first it didn't bother me, but when he kept switching the direction of the light, a blinding pain swept through my head, and I let out a bellowing cry of pure agony. "I'm sorry about that." He said, patting me on my shoulder, before I heard him sit down with a heavy sigh.

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦 & 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें