Chapter 4: Not at ease

I thought about myself; my life,me and of course my drama's with Jane. How's it? Why is it?. As I seated on my chair after I had set the test papers  and had arranged them for Mrs. Kate and she had allowed me out.
   First;She insulted me when I didn't even knew her,she hated me when she hadn't stood with me in no occasions. She wrote to me all those stuffs when  I know I had no conversation with her,not even one. The world divided us when we hadn't even knew it. And how it will end neither me,nor her can predict.
  A lesson had started;my eyes alerted me. I saw a masculine fingers working on the white board and I reckoned the Title line. It said," BASIC TECHNOLOGY" . I sighs and many other students did too. The worst subject  I can ever thought of. Few students that settled down had sat on camouflage maybe to convince the teacher that they're not bad like other students. I does that sometimes but not today. I tried to act up like them but Buga's eyes caught up with me,he knew me and the whole teachers in the staff room do too,maybe because of school debate or other competitions I had won. He's a very tall man with pot belly and womanish waist. His moustache made him to appear like teachers of the early 1940's that bears bushy moustache and wears wig only that he doesn't. And he's darker than coal. He wore his usual pink and black top and trousers and his blue and with tie hung dependently on his belly descending from the neck.
I know that something was wrong. He saw my drawings and that showed him a sign. And I'm ignorant of what the sign is. I was tried to borough out a waste exercise book to act like I'd been  following the lesson not knowing that their was a drawing sketch on the left spared cover of it since the main cover had been tore out by God knows who. He saw it. He saw it because his eyes were sharper than that of an eagle. And I can't defend it. I had no such notebook that bears Basic technology. I know it and he knows it too. How he knew,I don't know but I know he did.
  I threw off my eyes and became so unease. I can no longer think of Jane and that gives me a kind of joy and it had been nice that way but no,This man is a hard nut to crack. He may lay a cane on my back if I'm not cautious and I'd better be. He's so passionate of cane actions.
   I discovered that he'd faced the whiteboard in immense action and not wanting to rest. I stood up and hurried out of the class. It was my best option and I know that. My soul did too.
  I dashed in the next hour. I had my best time in the library. I had placed my head on a desk and had used the book I borrowed as a pillow. And I hadn't  known the next scenario till my eyes uncovered itself from the leads and noticed that it's already 2.0 clock. It's my best time because I thought about nothing, not the devil in my veins,ah not her, and neither do my mind wandered in despair. It was good and it will continue. I won't think about them again. Distraction, that's what it caused always.
  The teacher had left,more thirty minutes to come and everyone will find their way home. I felt happy and sad at the same time. Why will I miss a subject?, No,is it? But I don't use to understand nought when it comes to that later subject and the time I had gave to it,I consider it as a partial waste. If not for exams. I was happy though, at least my mind were free.
  Jerry was murmuring something to my ear which I couldn't hear clearly till it points at the back. Every one were busy, I better be busy too. I didn't wanted to look backward but I tried to;it's her. They were laughing and were throwing a glare. Now I learnt that the busy ness of the students were focused around them. The two devils. They were actually a cynosure.
  Inside the Book Laurette was holding,Lot's men sketch were drawn in it. When they pointed at one, the whole class will point a boy whom the sketch resembles  and that goes on and on and they drive joy through it and it kept everyone busy. But yet ,that's not of my business since it has to do with the devil in my veins. I wonder why Jerry asked me to look backward. I knew it. This friendship, it's going to be a pepper to the eye,it's up to no  fruitfulness. I reached for him with my right hand while my eyes still focused at two cynosure. I wanted to query him  and he got alerted and Stare at me.
"What is it Dan?" He'd asked with less focus.
I discovered mild laughter in his lips and went wild,wilder and thundered. Ned did the same. I looked around and they whole classroom were busting with wild laughter of divers skills. I glared backward and noticed Laurette, she held up the book with sketches  and the contemporary page displays a hunger tortured young man  with tattered clothes and a short torn at the back  and I noticed Jane pointing at me.
   "Oh" I exclaimed within me and this time my soul understood and my spirit were with me and they were sorry. Why is she tormenting me? Why is she...? So many question  revolved within me and I wanted to ask someone, and it would be better if I do ,maybe. But Jerry and Ned,the people I suppose to talk go,that suppose to lighting my burden were wild with laughter. I felt fretful and unease . nervousness had taken hold of me too. I had to leave. I stood up immediately. When I reached to the exit door,the school dismissal bell ranged and all the students arose.
I rushed down stairs and stood at the JSS 2  class queue and hide my face among their big boys.