TWENTY - TWO

DEATH;

I saw my father.

It was the two most atrocious days of my life.

I was only allowed to see him once and he couldn't even talk. Now he was in a coma and all he could do was look at his lifeless body. My mother barely fed me, she and Fiona went out to dinner to make her feel better. They didn't want me to come to take care of my father, there were servants for that.

Father.

The bright green eyes he once had were now closed. His smile that created wrinkles between his eyebrows, now becomes a firm and painful line. My father had already left, what I visited was just his body. After returning to Hogwarts, I wanted to be alone. But I knew that my roommates would be in my bedroom, so I decided to go to the second best place.

---

I felt my feet hanging from the edge of the roof of Hogwarts tiles, looking at the view. This was the place that Draco showed me, but he wasn't here. I didn't tell him that I was back. I wanted to tidy up my painful thoughts, feel the fresh winter air kiss me gently, unlike my mother.

I looked at my lap, playing with my thumbs. I stayed here for an hour before I felt someone sitting next to me. "You're back." I nodded softly, looking at Draco. He approached me, looking into my eyes. His feet hung next to mine, his hands finding his lap. "Don't expect me to be good at this," he murmured, arching his eyebrows. "But I'm here. You could talk to me if you want to or not." He told me in a low voice.

I grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers. His jaw tightened at my action, his fingers closed hesitantly against mine. He looked at our hands." Are you sure?" I ask, and he barely nods. "I'm sure." He murmured.

Then he looked at me. "Rockwell, there's something I need to tell you."

Oh.

Was he going to tell me that he loved me?

I had known Draco Malfoy for 16 years, and I only spent less than 1 loving him. But I couldn't deny the fact that I would do anything for him. I would jump in front of a train to save him. I didn't know why, but I felt very connected to him. I wanted it to open up to me. "Tell me," I sighed. "What?"

He took his hand away from mine, looking away. "It's just—"

My owl interrupted him, leaving a letter on my lap. The little feathery creature flew away before I picked up the letter. "Rockwell". Draco warned, he knew what was there. I did it too. Whatever Draco was going to tell me, it left my mind. I felt a heartbreaking feeling in my stomach. I opened the letter.

Miss Amara,

Sir Rockwell had passed away this morning. Your funeral will take place during the next month and you will attend.

Your house elf,

Rooney.

I felt the letter fall on my lap, my eyes filled with tears. Draco looked at me with a worried look, knowing what he was reading. I felt my whole body shaking as my eyes filled with tears. And then I let out a scream.

I closed my eyes tightly, pushing my tears, as I let out a creepy scream.

Draco's jaw tightened, but he knew he needed it. I knew I needed to let everything out. Then the sobs left my lips. They were like rain, just falling. "Father." I whispered, putting my face in my hands. "How could he leave me?" I screamed outdoors, hitting my fists on my lap.

He left me with a mother who didn't love me, a sister who hated me.

Why?

I couldn't stop shaking. I kept trembling with horrible thoughts running through my mind. I felt Draco pushing me to his side, making me jump. "Come." He murmured, and I cried in his chest, my nervous arms hugging his waist. He hugged me tightly as if I was going to break up, and I think that's how it was. I heard him breathe deeply. "Breathe. You have to breathe." He murmured in my hair, but I couldn't stop crying. "Rockwell," he pushed me away, taking my face in his hands. His face decayed when he saw how torn I was.

"I need you to breathe for me."

"Draco," I moaned. "Why does it hurt so much?"

"I know he does," he sighed, throwing me back into a hug.

We sat there together, while I let everything out. And he sat there, remaining silent, being there for me in the only way he could.

----

I had fallen asleep in Draco's bed, but he wasn't next to me. I felt a throbbing headache because I didn't have dinner last night, his pillow was stained with my tears. I felt horrible. Draco stayed up most of the night hugging me from behind while I sobbed. I felt like it was bothering him. I had to do it. There was no way for him to worry about me enough to do that. But then I worried, sitting down quickly. "Draco?" I called the empty bedroom.

No answer.

Did he leave me too?

I jumped out of bed, quickly falling to the floor. I felt so weak. I grimaced when I heard the bathroom door open. "What are you- Shit?" He cursed before running towards me. I looked up to see him wearing nothing more than a pair of sweatpants, his chiseled and thin torso naked and exposed. His hair was wet and I assumed he had just taken a shower. He sent me an angry look. "Why did you get out of bed?"

I twisted my mouth. "I thought you left me."

His face softened and he closed his eyes. "I was taking a shower, Rockwell. That's what humans do." He answered, raising his eyebrows towards me. I nodded, looking down.

"I'm sorry for being clingy," I sighed as he helped me stand up, sitting back on the bed.

"I'm just tired."

"Then go back to sleep." He urged.

I shook my head. "I can't," I whispered, feeling my eyes fill up again. "I see his face every time I close my eyes," I interrupted with a strong inhalation. "I want to do something. I don't want to go to class and see that everyone looks at me with those stupid and pitiful looks."

Draco let out another sigh, running a hand through his wet hair. "Okay," he spoke quietly, nodding. "I'll take you somewhere."

I opened my eyes. "Where?"

He didn't answer me, walking towards his drawer. His muscles no longer disturbed me since I had seen them so many times, but it was beautiful. Looking at it made my heart a little less, my days a little brighter. He took out another one of his sweaters and a pair of sports pants. Then he turned around and handed them to me. "They are a little small, so they could fit in."

I sent him a soft smile. "Thank you."

He nodded his head, blinking quickly as he looked down. "Just get dressed." He murmured. It helped me stand up before taking off my shirt, but I kept the bra.

His visibly hardened face was on my stomach, since I hadn't eaten, which probably worried him. He looked away and helped me take off my pants, helping me put on my clothes easily. They were a little big, but their smell enveloped me. "You look like you're drowning," he snorted, a smile growing on his face. I felt a little laugh run through my lips when I slapped him on the arm. "Shut up. You know this suits me better than you, Malfoy."

He rolled his eyes, his smile turned into a small smile. "Yes, whatever Rockwell."

And for once, just for now, my father's death wasn't going through my mind.

Only Draco Malfoy.