69. I Don't Need Anything Else!

Magsimula sa umpisa

The coronation day was nearly upon us and Athy was done with preparing everything.

"The formal dress is ready," she said as she listed out everything, "...I've confirmed the guest list..."

I watched as she read through the paper in her hands.

"Which means the preparations are complete, right?" She asked looking at me and Dad.

"That's right." Dad said.

"All that's left is to get a good night's rest and wake up in tip-top condition, do you get it, Ara?" She spoke to me in a firm tone and I smiled at her.

"Yes, Your Highness."

She smiled at me and then I noticed Dad's gaze on me, I looked at both of them and then sighed.

"What is it?" I asked.

Dad had a smile on his face, "I must say, I feel a bit saddened

Dad had a smile on his face, "I must say, I feel a bit saddened."

"Go on and rest. We'll have to up at the break of the dawn tomorrow to prepare for the coronation." He said as he got up from his chair.

I stared at Dad as he looked at me and Athy.

"Felix, go and escort Amara and Athanasia to their palace." He ordered and Felix bowed.

"Yes, sire."

We walked back towards Emerald palace and I sighed, I knew what Dad would be thinking. His daughters had grown up so much that they might just leave him anytime... The time when we would leave Dad...

"Hey, Felix. What had Dad feeling so down?" Athy asked.

"Why don't you try asking His Majesty tomorrow?" Felix said as he chuckled.

"Hmm." Athy hummed lightly before she looked at me.

"And, what about you Ara? Why are you so down?"

I sighed as I shoved my hands in the pockets of my pants.

"Time... passes very quickly." I spoke.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll see you guys later." I said.

"What? You have to rest for tomorrow!" She shouted but I teleported away.

I landed inside the Ruby palace, everything was shabby and dusty but I could see the memories of me and Athy living in this place.

After Dad had ordered for me and Athy to live in Emerald palace, this place seemed to have been forgotten. I walked across the rooms recalling everything that I and Athy did there. Our childhood was at this place, we'd lived here when we couldn't even walk.

I could recall Lily telling us stories in the drawing room. The kitchen where Athy and I used to sneak to steal chocolates for her. The garden where we used to play, the fountain, the meadow, every place was filled with the sweet memories of the past.