18- 𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚

Start from the beginning

"It's okay give him to me for few minutes" Jennette patted her lap asking Ijekiel to place the little boy there.

"Stretch your left hand that way" he got up from her chair and carefully gave Archie to her and sat back on his chair. Archie immediately wrapped his hand around Jennette "were you scared baby?" He nodded his head which was resting just below her neck. "I'm so sorry i was late. It'll never happen again. I'll never be late again promise!"

"It's okay noona! I'm sorry too..." Then he wiped his own cheek "Iris got hurt because of me" he muttered slowly making Ijekiel look at him. Jennette glanced at Ijekiel then caressing back of Archies head with her right hand "No who said that? It was the bad guys fault"

"No i- i wanted to buy flowers for your birthday... so i told her to choose flowers and then she said she'll go with me too. When we came out he said he'll take us to a shop and gave us ice cream..."

"No it's not your-"

"Who's he?"

Ijekiel suddenly questioned, making both siblings look at him.

"Who's the person.. That gave you and Iris ice cream?"

Then Jennette realized something 'it's the same guy they saw on CCTV footage'

"Right.. who was the person gave you ice cream?"

Archie looked at them as why are they asking stupid question.

"It was... driver uncle" he said casually

'What!?'

"Driver uncle? You mean, Mr Nam" Jennette looked at Ijekiel with a frown 'there's no way he-'

"Nooo~ the short haired uncle~"

she immediately understood and looked at Ijekiel who was already looking at her "Do-yun! His name is Kim Do-yun" he nodded, got up and went to police office.

Jennette let out a deep sigh resting her head "Archie it's not your fault. It didn't happened because of anyone but those bad guys okay? And didn't mom taught you not to eat anything from anyone?"

Archie hugged her tightly "sorry noona.. I thought it's okay became he said he's my friend..." Jennette sighted again then leaned her head on Archie's fluffy blonde hair "it's okay... Just don't do that again" and kissed top of his head.

.

As the police left her room Nichole briefly bid bye to everyone and left the room quickly. Sooya's elder sister also came after getting call form her. She didn't wanted to go but Jennette said she should just go home and rest as too many things happened today. Before leaving she said she'll come tomorrow.

Archie fell asleep on Jennette. She was also really sleepy. Ijekiel came and picked up Archie form her "didn't doctor said to eat something?" Jennette opened her eyes and muttered "I'll eat later. I'm too dizzy right now"

he sighed and placed Archie on his own bed "if you need anything call me, I'm outside"

"How's Iris btw?" Jennette asked with her half opened eyes.

"Still unconcious. Doctor said she'll be up by tomorrow"

Jennette nodded then laid down property "she'll be okay... don't worry" then closed her eyes falling asleep instantly.

Ijekiel came in front of her bed pulled her blanket to covered her properly. After looking at her for few seconds he placed his hand on her head softly and thought 'she is looking pale..'

'...today was her birthday too'

Sighed then left the room.

.