Chapter 11: Hurting the puppeteer

Start from the beginning

Nigel: No, I haven't forgotten but... What if I don't?!

Monty (vision): Then it will be too late. You were always too reckless to just give up easily. With or without the flash, I know you'll get through this no matter what. (the vision began to dissipate under the sight of Nigel)

Nigel: Dad, wait... (but the vision disappeared)

Numbuh 362 (delightfulized, entering the room): It's me again, Nigel. So, since you've accepted your fate, are you ready to come out and follow me to the Delightfulization Chamber?

Nigel: Uh... Yeah. I follow you.

( On the side of Hoagie and co...)

Hoagie: So you have any idea where Nigel might be?

Abigail: In my opinion, they must have put him in an isolated cell because if he was here, it would have been a long time since we left this place.

Numbuh 86: We'll save him, Abigail, we promise. (she turns to Wallabee) Otherwise, Wallabee... When we were trying to talk Abigail out, you mentioned something when you were a bully and...

Kuki: Oh no, Numbuh 86, you're still gonna say mean things about Wallabee.

Abigail: Yeah, like Numbuh 5 has heard enough from you already.

Wallabee: Guys! (Abigail and Kuki turned to him) Okay, there were complications between the two of us but we helped each other to get out of our cells and also take back our gadgets and defend ourselves against these lobotomized guests, I think that she deserves to know.

Numbuh 86: Yeah, right now our priority for all of us, including me, is to save Nigel and the brainwashed people and get everyone out of here but if I asked Wallabee, it's because I wanted to know answers with some curiosity.

Kuki: Oh.... Ok, then.

Abigail: Then go ahead, Wallabee. Explain to us as we move forward.

(So they set off to look for the isolated cell where Nigel is)

Wallabee: Numbuh 86, do you remember the day you got hit in the face with a basketball?

Numbuh 86: I haven't forgotten it at all mostly because it sent me to the infirmary.

Wallabee: Well, I was in really bad shape at the time. What I'm about to say may be disgusting but... The reason I was a bully to a lot of kids in kindergarten and early first grade... It's because I was a victim of bullies. (Kuki was surprised, where Abigail, Numbuh 86 and Hoagie were perplexed) When I was in kindergarten, many made fun of me for my small size and I was easy prey for the local bullies they told me about that. They did the worst wedgies imaginable besides stealing my stuff. My parents always told me that it would be fine, that I just had to ignore them. For a moment, I believed them but one day, it was too much racketeering and I went off the rails. To dull my anger and my retaliation, I hurt so many children, including Numbuh 86, precisely, reproducing the same acts that these same bullies did to me. In kindergarten, I managed not to get caught but in the end, even having become like them, the bullies, who extorted me, never left me alone... Until the moment, and it took me a long time to remember, Nigel and Hoagie defended me against them. (Abigail and Numbuh 86 paused)

Hoagie (surprised): Wait... So it was you that me and Nigel saved from the bullies?

Wallabee: Well, yeah. It was during my first days in first grade at school.

Hoagie: Phew, that was months ago and I was still the hall monitor's associate at school at the time.

Abigail: Numbuh 5 sees this. (she turns to Wallabee and puts her hand on his shoulder) What's next? What happened ?