Prologue

She walked into the lounge. The apartment was surprisingly empty. A lone basketball sat in one of the armchairs.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng wanted this to be over. For too long, she'd endured the taunts, slaps, bypasses her friends gave her. No, not friends. Never friends, maybe once but not anymore. Ever since Lila came, she'd wanted to be granted the sweet release of.. something. 

She climbed up the stairs, almost mindlessly. Footsteps echoed around the long, winding spiral steps, awaiting her doom.. or salvation. 

She thought new friends could help. Chloe was a kind soul, quite surprisingly. Not to mention the fact that she cheered up every call whenever she arrived. Surprisingly.

She treaded through the corridor. A blue metal door at the end. It would lead out- in more ways than one.

She thought a boyfriend could fill the void. Luka smiled at her every day, soothing her and calming her when things got chaotic and quite literally dangerous. 

She opened the door to the rooftop, feet crushing against the gravel.

Her.. classmates had once pushed her off the stairs. As Marinette had seemingly got into a fight with Lila behind the school. The girl turned up to school with all her former friends seething, almost frothing at the mouth.

She gently set herself on the balcony rail, gazing out onto Paris for the last time. Caressing the timber. They would aid in her 'escape', as it were.

They never apologised for anything.

It was revenge, they'd said.

Justice, they'd said.

Well, justice would be served, but it wouldn't be theirs to give.

She smiled.

The footsteps echoed, rushing towards the door. It was wrenched open. Luka, tears running down his face, screamed.

'Marinette! Don't!'

'Marinette.. You could have gone along with it, but it's too late.'

'Don't even try it, Marinette. They're mine.'

She looked at her boyfriend's face. He looked back. She knew he wanted to save her. But this was her choice, not his.

She caused too much suffering, being here.

Then again, so did her, and that was why she was leaving. To a paradise.

And with that final thought, Marinette Dupain-Cheng leaped for the sky.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

345 words