Chapter 2

Waking up to the sound of your phone ringing, you groaned, blindly slapping your bedside table in search of the buzzing device.

Finally getting a hold of it, you clumsily accepted the call, "what?"

"What do you mean 'what?' Where are you?" Faruzan's voice felt like a slap to the face so early in the morning.

You scrunched your eyebrows in puzzlement, "In bed. Why?"

You could hear her offended gasp, "In bed?! It's 11am! We were supposed to go to the mall today!"

You froze, your sleepy mind hit with a whirlwind of curses as you checked the time, "Shit. Ugh..." You trailed off, rubbing the sleep from your eyes, "I'll be there in like... half an hour? Is that okay?"

A scoff was heard over the receiver before she answered, "I'm holding you to that. Just hurry up. We're waiting by the food court."

"Mm-hm."

You were about to hang up when you heard a final, "If you come late, you're paying for the food."

"I'll be there. Tell the others I'm on the way."

You took a minute to compose yourself before your hurried scrambling to get dressed began.

"Fuck. Fuck. Ow-" you groaned, as you fell face first while trying to put on one of your socks, "Stupid foot glove."

You barely heard the muted mumbling outside your room followed by a knock, "Are you alright, Miss (Y/N)?" You recognized the voice as Cyno.

You cringed, embarrassed that they were witnesses to your absolute failure of dressing yourself, "I'm fine! I just tripped." It wasn't exactly a lie.

The rest of your preparations went somewhat better, in other words, without any further injuries to your body nor pride.

"May I ask where you're going?" Cyno's voice sounded from beside you as you exited your room, obviously dressed to go outside.

"You may not." You answered, ready to leave before Alhaitham stopped you by gently but firmly gripping your arm.

"We're not allowed to let you leave without a good reason." Cyno insisted.

"What is this? Since when was this place a fucking prison? I'm going out, simple as that. I have a social life I need to keep up." you shrugged, slipping out of Alhaitham's grip, making your way through the ridiculously large house to the front door. You quickly realized you were being followed and stopped with a sigh 'They won't let up, will they?'

"I'm afraid we can't let you go alone, Miss (Y/N)." Alhaitham informed blocking your way to the door. "We were instructed to not let you out of our sight."

"Give me a break. I'm literally just going to the mall with my friends." You rolled your eyes.

"Fine. In that case, we're coming with you."

Already stressed that you were going to be even more late, you nodded, "Yeah, whatever. Just come quickly, I don't have all day."

***

Arriving at the food court, you frantically looked for your friends, heaving a deep sigh of relief when you caught sight of them.

"(Y/N)!" Nilou exclaimed, being the first one to spot you, "it's so nice to see you!"

"Nilou, it's been a long time!" You grinned, smothering the girl in a hug, "you've been so busy with the theater, we barely see each other any more."

"I know, speaking of which-" she was cut of by Faruzan who was ready to extort you for every last Mora you had.