Chapter 46-The Day of Black Sun, Part 1: The Invasion

Start from the beginning

I smiled happily. "Thank you, Hakoda, it's nice to see you again, too."

Spirited, Sokka asked. "Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?"

"I did, but I wasn't able to track down the Kyoshi warriors, the leader of the village said they've been missing for almost a month now."

I turned to Sokka as we both furrowed our eyebrows at each other. What was going on with my girls?

Two members of the Foggy Swamp Tribe disembark. Doubtfully, Hakoda says. "I'm a little worried, Sokka. Some of these men aren't exactly the warrior type." He turns his head slightly toward the two swamp dwellers.

Tho and Due descend from the wooden ramp of the ship.

Enthusiastically, Due swings his arm. "Oooh-whee! This place ain't nothing like a swamp." He points accusingly to a rock in the water. "What you reckon that is, Tho? Some sort of Fire Nation exploding trap what eat ya?"

Impartial, Tho says. "It's just a rock, Due."

Due grins. "Well, I'll be." He scratches his head.

Hakoda had his arms slung over his daughter and I's shoulder. "Is it just me or are those fellas a little loose in the leaf-hat?"

Bato walks behind us, stopping beside Sokka. "I just wish they would wear pants."

Huu stands alone on the dock, scratching his stomach. "Pants are an illusion and so is death."

Hakoda, Katara and Bato appear less than reassured; Sokka on the other hand, grins widely, which caused me to grin as well.

Several Foggy Swamp members clustered by the shore, talking among themselves. A pair of legs appear in my sight, my eyes trail from the ground up, glancing at the earthbender.

"Hi, Venus. Hey Katara." Haru; smiles, now sporting a small mustache and goatee.

"Haru," I gasped, embracing him in a tight hug and soon letting go. "I like your facial hair." I smirked.

"Thanks," he smiled.

"Haru!" Katara runs over and embraces him as well. "It's so good to see you!"

Aang appeared with Toph. "Toph, this is Haru. When we met him, his town was controlled by the Fire Nation. So he had to hide his earthbending."

With Katara resting a hand on his shoulder, Haru says. "Katara inspired me and my father to take back our village." Haru turns to Katara who blushes and looks away.

"Cute." I murmured to myself.

Tyro appears and laid his hands on Haru and Katara's shoulder. "You helped us find our courage, Katara." Katara turns to him. "Now we're here to help you."

Tyro looks at me as his eyes widen. "Venus, you've grown so much, starting to look like you parents everyday."

I half smiled giving him a little wave.

Toph suddenly senses someone on her left. She angrily turns and takes a fighting stance. "No way! Is that-"

She is lifted off the ground by two big arms. The Big Bad Hippo, a former competitor at Earth Rumble VI. He is joined by the Boulder, another former competitor.

The Hippo hugs Toph. "Hippo happy to see Blind Bandit!"

"You invited them?" I grimaced at Sokka.

"What?" He whined. "You know I'm a big fan of them."

I rolled my eyes placing my head on his shoulder. "Glad you got to bring your favorites." I sadly trailed off thinking about my girls, what in the spirits was actually going on? I was beginning to feel anxious about their safety.