twelve

06/13/23 - 06/14/23

12:34pm
melena was in her parents room telling them about what's been going on since they left. usually she would fill them in on the phone but it was too much so she was waiting till they came back.

"so, me and notti date, i went back to track, i can't do none of the meets until the last two, basketball practice start in two weeks, the games start next month, and CALVIN TRIED TO TALK TO ME" she was pacing around the room, and abruptly stopped when she got to the last part.

whenever she was telling a story, she always paced back in forth or in a circle, only because it helps her remember for whatever reason.

"ABOUT TIME!" renee laughed and clapped. melena already knew it would take a minute for the recap because she knew her parents would ask for every detail and would break it down.

"i fw notti. thats my homeboy, jus lmk if he do some dumb shit, nana" matias nodded. "how'd it happen?" he asked.

lena started pacing again and told them the story.

"so what's goin on with track? why you can't do meets, my love?" renee questioned. "she talkin bout i can practice but she don't want me doin the meets because i'm only gon have one practice per meet which is back to back. she say it's not about me gettin shot but i think it's about that too." melena shrugged and did spins in the chair at the desk.

matias and renee's bodies tingled when she said something about her getting shot. they still couldn't believe they weren't here and they couldn't come back to help their daughter heal.

melena saw both of them zone out after that. "y'all, i'm cool, it was a while ago and i'm chillin"

even though she's always seemed nonchalant about the topic, it really scared her. she felt that she had to act like it didn't bother her so that no one asked her about it. she didn't like talking about her feelings for too long and she knew that would turn into a long conversation, so she acted like it wasn't disturbing as if she didn't have nightmares about it everything.

like she didn't think about what could've happened if she didn't make it.

what would've happened if she didn't push him back out of anger.

if she didn't get into it with ray the morning before. after all, the reason she pushed micheal back was because she got mad at ray. the reason she got mad at ray was stupid. he wore her hoodie and she made a big deal out of it since they weren't talking at that moment.

ray felt like it was his fault it happened. he was the reason she was pissed off that day. if he wasn't being disrespectful to her prior, they wouldn't have fought, they wouldn't have argued over the hoodie, she wouldn't have been irritated that morning, she would have been safe.

"wait, who is calvin again?" matias changed the subject, remembering the last topic she spoke on. "the boy that started the problems with marcus and rallo."

"oh, ew" he mugged. "yea but he wouldn't leave me alone all day and kept telling me 'our relationship ended so bad and i'm sorry and i wanna get back together' so i was like-"

"YALL DATED?!" renee and matias cut her off in unison. "NO! i would never date him, what? he's delulu." she defended herself. "what that mean?" mati asked renee making her laugh. "no fr, nana, what that mean?" he asked, a very confused face plastered on his face.

"delusional" she answered.

"aw hell nah. he crazy, stay away from his ass."

"no, you thinkin about hallucinating. he think we dated but we really barely even talked. like how lorenzo was wit grandma" melena explained, laughing