1

IT WAS A chilly evening. I walk down the road to the grocery shop.

Two guards stand on either side of the entrance. Both the guards are heavily loaded with guns and other weapons.

The guard on the right looks at me for a brief moment and says to me, "Name, ID, age, sector, occupation."

I clear my throat. "Nyx Solace. ID number 1223-99SX. 18 years old. Metal. Factory 15A-XC2." The guard nods and the glass door opens automatically.

I let myself in and look around. There's a guard in every corner.

I walk to the isle of toiletries and grab a nearby shopping cart. I take pads, tampons, lavender body wash, lavender shampoo, lavender body lotion. I love lavender flavour.

I continue to buy more stuff until i'm done.

I go the billing counter. The cashier bills my stuffs and tells me the total costs. I pay him and head out. The guard from the left of the entrance helps me to put my thing in a carry bag.

As I walk to my house, a cold breeze of wind hits me.

I should have grabbed my jacket.

I see two people in front of a tunnel. They notice me and look at each other for a brief second. I try to ignore the cold breeze but i can't help it. Goosebumps forms on my arms and my teeth shatter.

I keep the bag of groceries on the ground to rub my hands in an attempt to warm them up. Suddenly my palms generate thunder.

Oh no, not here.

Both the men in front of the tunnel look at me. I smile awkwardly.

The thing is, I have had these powers ever since I was 13, but I haven't been able to control them. They just come and go whenever they like. It comes again but this time, it hits the blond guy.

I gasp so loudly that I'm sure the other guy must have heard me.

He turns to look at his friend and sees him lying on the ground.

A wave of panic hits the both of us and before I know it, I am next to him.

"Oh my god. I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean for it to happen!"I say.

The guy says, "Wait here, do not move." I obey him as he picks up the blond guy in his arms and disappears in the tunnel. I wait there and wonder what I got myself into.

I could go to jail right now.

The guy from earlier comes after a few minutes from the tunnel and walks up to me. "I'm afraid you'll have to follow me." he says.

I stand for a second hesitantly and walk nervously through the tunnel. I wonder if the blonde guy is OK.

"I'm Clyde. 18." He says. "Nyx solace. 18." I say. I wait for a beat before saying, "Is he okay?"

"He is fine don't worry." Clyde says and i release a breath i didn't know i was holding. I wait for a beat again before asking,

"Am I in trouble?"

Clyde laughs and shakes his head. "No. But you might see something extraordinary. Nothing to be afraid of, of course." I nod.

Still scared.

I look at Clyde. He has brown hair and brown eyes. He is as tall as me. He seems very calm after what happened to the blond guy.

It freaks me out more.