2.

The Adults Are Talking played through my AirPods as I ran back home

  The Adults Are Talking played through my AirPods as I ran back home. I had been on a run for about 2 hours. I had stoped once to get a bite of food at a local cafe about an hour into my run. Occasionally taking small breaks to sit on a bench. It was now pushing 10:00 am and I needed to get back so I could shower and get ready for work.

I got home unlocking the door tossing the keys on the counter I went into the bathroom up stairs. After my shower I went to my closet an picked out an outfit. What I liked was that I didn't have to wear a formal outfit. As I was the owner. The workers and I could wear whatever we wanted although we just had to wear our badge and name tag.

I changed into some grey cargo pants and a light black shirt. I ran downstairs putting my shoes on and grabbing my keys and locked the door. I decided I would walk today as there was really no need to drive my car. One my father had gifted ne for my 17th birthday, a 918 Spyder.

Now Turing the corner I made it to YVES. Getting it I let the door close behind me as I went to the back, putting my things away.

At 11:30 two of my workers walked in. Abbi and bailey.

"Good afternoon " they both said in sync walking over to me.

I gave them both a little hug before going over the store and making sure everything was in place. By this time I was done it was just hitting 12:00pm. Meaning the store was now open.

Fast forward two hours it was a pretty chill day, not many people come in on Mondays anyway. I was in the back with abbi and Bailey on our "lunch" as the other workers now had arrived.

"So how was the race then?" Abbi said taking a seat on the couch. She didn't know much about F1 though she still took and interest for me, same going for Bailey.

"Yes yes tell me how did Charles do?"Bailey asked, i sighed.

I had known Abbi and Bailey for almost 2 years now. They were my friends and I told them things. But not everything the only person who knew everything was lavani. And we'll the only things they knew about Charles and I, was well there wasn't anything. And that I was just a big big fan of the Charles Leclerc. And not the fact that he was my best friend since childhood.

Ultimately I feel bad for lying to them. I feel like they should've known the truth. But I felt as it was better off this way. A part of me felt like maybe things would change between us if I were to tell them. I couldn't loose another friendship again.

"He did alright, he finished 6th overall." I said getting more comfortable. On the couch I was laying on.
"Carlos finished 4th." I added with a small smile."

"We'll that's good I suppose- I'm sure they we'll get luckier next time." Bailey said.

I laughed yeah if only with the shit strategies
And Binotto. I'm real sure they'll get luckier.  Yes Charles did manage to win 3 races so far and Carlos 1 , but I was loosing hope.