yumi nodded and instead kept babbling as he shoved his mouth with food, mentioning how tanner, larry and him had started building the lego eiffel tower so they could use an extra set of hands.

meanwhile, nico drifted off in her thoughts and before she knew it, she was pulling isaac's passenger door open as she cursed yumi out for being in the backseat.

she glanced at isaac as she pulled the door shut, quietly greeting him and yumi. "sooo, I was thinking we should get dessert. nico's choice." she could hear the smile and tease dripping from yumi's voice.

scoffing, she made sure her seat belt clicked in place before getting comfy, leaning her chair back just a bit and ignoring the way isaac was watching her out of the corner of her eye. she nervously tapped her fingers on her thigh and looked out the window as isaac grabbed his phone to put on a song.

"let's go to the beach-each," that was isaac singing along to Nicki Minaj. she stifled back a laugh as isaac started driving, her eyes drifting from the window to his hands on the steering wheel.

she swallowed hard. she'd decided on ice cream rolls with a side of overthinking whether or not isaac would keep edging the tension that winded between them.

she reached her hand to the car tablet and lowered the volume by two before speaking, shifting in her seat to face yumi as well, "how about we get ice cream rolls from that place next to the mall?"

once both of them confirmed, she settled comfortably in the seat and let herself enjoy the music. the realization that this was the first time she was in isaac's car and that she was actually staying at their house, with no way to avoid isaac unless he avoided her, was heavy in her mind.

oh my god.

the night buzzed by as nico spent most of the time in her thoughts, barely soaking in the environment she was in. she felt like she was floating around behind yumi and isaac the whole time, sipping on the boba they had bought after the ice cream.

they wandered around the mall for a bit before heading back to the car. now in the passenger seat on the way home, nico pulled her phone out to check the time, glazing over the texts she had gotten.

she sighed and shut her phone, ignoring all the notifications she had and closing her eyes. the car seemed to lull her to sleep as yumi and isaac were talking about video ideas.

"NICOOO!" she was nearly tackled as soon as she stepped foot into the house, lazily hugging back the person who was hugging her

"NICOOO!" she was nearly tackled as soon as she stepped foot into the house, lazily hugging back the person who was hugging her. it was grunk. after they were properly introduced to each other, they made a habit of appearing on each other's streams and playing minecraft together.

"hi grunky wunky," she ruffled his hair and walked into the house with grunk still clinging to her, letting out a big fat yawn. she walked into larry and tanner on the couch pressed against each other as they watched a spongebob episode. "hi goobers," she waved and gently pushed grunk off of her as she plopped down on the couch, quickly getting comfortable as she rolled into a ball.

her eyes closed as she drifted in and out of sleep, no one really bothering her as they spoke to each other quietly. she heard bits and pieces of conversations until she heard the voices further away, the lights being turned off as she snuggled further into the couch.

"psst, nico," she felt a nudge on her shoulder and swatted the hand away, turning her back to the person. "doll," she felt the hand move to her hair and stroke her head. nico opened an eye. it was isaac.

"ugh, go away bastard. you're already in my dreams enough," she huffed and crossed her arms as she closed her eyes once again. she heard a muffled giggle.

oh fuck, she snapped awake and sat up. a nervous laugh escaping her as she stared at isaac's silhouette in the dark living room. "you weren't supposed to know that."

"it's alright," he picked her up gently and nico melted into his embrace as he walked towards his room in the dark. she could feel his breath on her neck, smell the faded cologne and smoke from the vapes he had, and most of all, she sensed that both of their restricting walls had fallen down.

"I haven't stopped thinking of you since," she stared at him as the light from his room glowed onto his face as they neared the door, her voice laced with affection. his freckles standing out on his sun redded cheeks, arms tightening around her when he responded without a beat, "and you think I have?"

their eyes connected for a second as he set her down on the bed.

"you think I haven't seen the guys you go out with?" there was a clouded emotion behind his eyes as he brought his right hand to her face, gently rubbing his palm on her cheek. "I see the way you move, nico."

she leaned into his touch, looking up at him properly when her fingers barely wrapped around his wrist. "I missed you," her voice broke. it felt pathetic and yet all she could do was accept his touch.

isaac brought his left hand to her face, completely cupping it as he leaned in and kissed her forehead, pressing his against hers as he spoke, his voice barely a whisper, "i'm sorry i avoided you, I think you're the most perfect being in the world." his left hand moved to the back of her head, gently pressing as he continued.

"I want this, but I have a feeling..." nico kissed him before he could say more.

she knew now more than ever that whatever they had, was far more complicated than they could understand. but in this moment, she wanted to indulge in isaac, "even if you're right, as long as it's with you."