1

𝑨𝒏𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒆

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?" I turn around facing Quinn.

She eyes me up and down, then stops once she gets to my face.

"Look so pretty all the time." She finally says.

"I wake up like this." I turn back to the mirror, leaning in to get a better look at my face.

Although Quinn's compliment, I still saw the imperfections. I saw them all the time. After last nights chaos, I went to sleep with some of my makeup on so the dried up mascara was clearly noticeable.

I straightened my hair yesterday so I had my hair done for the next few days until I would have to wash it again. Quinn and I got our nails done together yesterday too before we went to Gio's party. And when I woke up today I made sure to change from my previous clothes.

"You know that guy I was telling you about? Darren? Yeah well he was a no show yesterday. Even though I told him I would like if he came." I already know she's slouching and pouting without me looking at her.

I turn to the side and check my body out in the mirror as she talks.

"He said he forgot after practice so he went home. Maybe I'm being crazy right? And maybe he really did forget." She starts ranting.

I turn around, my hands on my hips.

"Honey, he did not forget. Trust me."

"You've been telling him about this party for weeks. He's an idiot and is standing you up." I give her a reality check because unfortunately it's the only way she'll understand.

"Yeah, you're right... I just don't want to admit that to myself." She sighs looking down.

"That's alright. I'll do it for you." She cracks a smile at that.

I've been hearing about this guy for months now and it's always the same sob story. She gets stood up on their dates and his only lame excuse is that he's sorry. It's kind of pathetic.

"You'll find someone better soon. You're a blonde and you've got a body with a pretty face. Trust me, it won't be that hard for you." I tell her.

"You say that but I don't know. I'm not like you. I'm not as blunt or confident like you are." Quinn crosses her legs on my bed.

"Besides, who's the one that got dragged upstairs by like four different guys?" She giggles as she holds up one of my bras from my bed.

"That could've been you if you weren't so busy sulking over Jarren or whatever." I turn my heels back to my closet and come back in front of my mirror to try on some other clothes.

"It's Darren" She corrects.

"Whatever"

I take off my top and try on one of the newer ones I recently bought myself. It was a knitted white top and only somewhat see through, but that's what I was going for.

I hear Quinn sigh and move around on my bed a little before she speaks.

"So what was up with you last night? Did you talk to Roy?" She brings up.

"You saw the four guys I went upstairs with, were any of them Roy?" I ask.

"No. I guess not."

"That was the point, I knew he was there. I just wanted him to see me having fun without him."

"Ugh, when are you guys gonna just get together and date already? Everyone knows you're into each other." Quinn throws her head back.

"Maybe I'm just not into him." I finally take a seat in front of my vanity.