Ain't shit faithful about this damn family, they hid shit from you, betrayed you. I gotta let that go. You sighed, sitting up from your slouched position in hopes to focus on the task at hand. Instead, you hear the opening of the fridge and the fidgeting of the sandwich meat package. "So... where have you been going nowadays." You asked for the first time since his whole leaving out early and coming back late act. Theirs no way he has a girlfriend.

You watch as he rolls his shoulders back while he makes a quick sandwich, releasing the tense feeling he constantly had. "Just hanging around, you know? So how's you and Embry?" Changing the subject, and he did it so fast. You'll let it slide, to focused on your own problems, you couldn't really care what Jacob was doing in his free time. Except you do, just not today.

Me and Embry? You truly couldn't stand the way you arms filled with goosebumps at the mention of his name. You don't even have a crush on him. But why did it feel so good hearing his name? "Well...we're getting better, speaking more. We're supposed to go out later once he's off from work, we'll see." As you spoke, Jacob finally faces you with a half-eaten sandwich in his hand while the other one fidgets with his keys. Seems like he doesn't even want to speak, just trying to get me off his back so he can go handle whatever.

Maybe I'm overthinking.

Jacob's eyes narrowed at this, not knowing how he felt about his best friend coming over, alone, just the two of you. But, he just releases a hot breath from his nose as he eats the rest of the sandwich, hand coming down and wiping it against his jeans. He knew there was nothing he could do, except be the annoying little brother he was meant to be.

You were reading into the silence too much, to your brother it was probably comfortable, but in all honesty, you still couldn't fully feel comfortable with him. All of this lying and secrets, the only person to trusted was yourself.

But you needed to break the silence so he could go about his day. "You're really ugly, I keep forgetting we found you under a bridge." He scoffed, annoyed but smiling, happy you were still you, the annoying big sis he needed.

"Yeah, says the mistress baby, I'm out!" It was your turn to scoff, yours loud and sarcastic. "Huh! Jokes on you, I'm not even offended!" You childishly stuck your tongue out at him, which he mirrors as he walks to the door. Just like that, all of that insecurity you were feeling was gone, all that anger washing away as you play fight with your brother.

"Yeah whatever dog brains, bye!" Before you could clap back, the fragile door slams against its hinges, making you gasp. He ate you up. You cringe in disgust as you hear the bike engine roar to life and slowly fade away. You hated losing arguments with him, never again.

|Jakes Pov|

It felt great today. It was a shame that I'd be spending this day with the Cullens, the only people in Forks who couldn't even enjoy the sun. Why am I socializing with my enemies? Well... its not that I had much of a choice. She was back.

Bella was back.

In the worst possible condition, she could be in. But she wasn't them, not yet. She was still her.

If I could- if I could just convince her to get rid of it- to save herself, then maybe... maybe she'll have a chance to be... her.

Or maybe I'm just prolonging the inevitable.

She's dying. She's dying from his baby, and there is nothing I can do but sit there and watch the one I fell for wilt away.

Pulling in front of the large White House I couldn't help but to cringe at the smell once again. A week here and I'm still not used to it, my body constantly reacting negatively.