Hogwarts

Finally. He's on the Express, and his parents are gone. Sirius runs immediately to his friends and when they turn around to see Regulus, he leaves. He wants to be the first one to enter the train. He takes his trunk and goes inside, looking for a spot where to host it. He pulls it open, takes the scissors he hid in it and makes his way to the bathroom. He looks into the mirror. His long fucking hair weighs like a lead. It's like someone's pulling his ponytail, and he thinks he has the solution for it.

He takes the scissors, and without thinking too much, begins to cut his hair. At first he cuts a piece slowly, moving against his fear. Then another, and another, until he is furiously cutting all his hair to just above his ears. "It's a good job" he thinks. And then he feels fear mix in with the release. But just looking in the mirror, seeing himself like that, the way he wants, makes him want to cry. And for the first in a long time, he cries of happiness.

----

He finds his friends in the compartment where he left his trunk, the one they always go to. Evan Rosier, the only child in a family he hated, but who is possibly the funniest person he'd ever met. Pure blood, to Walburga's delight, unlike Sirius' friends. His blond hair falls on his face in a disorderly way that makes it seem like he just woke up.

Next to Evan is Barty, who has brown hair and a nice face, but there is something in his eyes that draws your attention. Regulus believes he could have been chosen for Ravenclaw, with his intense curiosity and intelligence. He is loyal and proud, and Reg thinks maybe that's why he asked the hat to place him in Slytherin: his whole family has always been in Slytherin, just like his. Well, except for Sirius, of course.

And finally, next to where Regulus sits, there is Pandora, a fifth-year Ravenclaw and the most wonderful person he has ever met. Many have said she is strange, but Reg prefers to say she is different in the sweetest way a person can be. She has long, blond hair that's always tangled by twigs and leaves, up in a bun.

-----

When he enters, everyone seems to hold their breath. They look at each other, then back at him, and they smile. Evan then starts talking, like nothing's happened.

-Someone told me that soon the second and third years will have a party with the elders. - He smiles. When he first met Evan, he thought he was rather bland. But then he discovered his ability to drink and perfectly get away with it when questioned by a prefect. From that day on, he decided he was a good friend. And, he thinks, he made a good decision.

They spend the whole trip talking, Regulus is reading with his feet up next to Barty. He looks out the window, and for the first time, he feels infinite.