✉️Chapter 1: "The Letter..." ✉️

Start from the beginning

"Also Mater," Lightning began, "Your mailbox is overloaded with a bunch of bills and stuff bud..." Lightning pointed out as he looked nonchalant as his eyes darted left as he smiled nervously.

Mater looked flabbergasted as he jumped out of his covers as he raced outside. "Ah Shoot!" Mater exclaimed as he didn't care about putting his clothes or his boots to check his mail.

Lightning jumped as he chased after Mater as he looked worried. As he exited outside as he raced to get to his friend who was not wearing any boots or clothes, Lightning sighed as he face palmed himself while shaking his head, he was trying so hard not to laugh or chuckle at this, as Mater gathered every letter that was on the ground.

"Thanks Bud," Mater said as he walked towards Lightning while holding a handful of letters and bills, "Man, I really need to stop letting my mailbox get overfilled with mail everyday..." Mater said as he pointed a fact.

Lightning scoffed as he let out a chuckle
"You don't think I do that buddy?" Lightning asked him with a smile.
"No?" Mater questioned as he raised an eyebrow.

As they kept talking they saw Sally coming up. Lightning gave her a little smile as he came up to her while Mater gave them a smirk as he slowly got into his house without them noticing, he knew that his friend and his girlfriend would need some alone time with each other. Lightning lightly and gently grabbed his girlfriend's hips, while Sally gently pressed both of her hands on his chest as they smiled at each other. Sally giggled as Lightning gave her a pinch on her rear end. Implying that she gave her love a seductive purr as she looked at him.

"Oooohhhhhh~?" Sally purred in a seductive tone. "So it's like that? Huh Stickers?" She asked as she looked upwards at him with a sly smile.
"Oh you bet baby~!" Lightning said as he matched the tone with Sally.

As they looked at each other with sly grins of lust. Their kiss seemed to go on for too long and, at the same time, ended far too soon. Mater came in on the scene of the couple's moment. Mater coughed as he hoped that he hadn't interrupted the moment, they looked at him as they looked embarrassed. As they quickly stopped to look at Mater, they then nervously smiled at him.

Mater put in. "Uh excuse me," Mater began. "I don't know about this but, Lightning you have mail or if I'm reading it wrong..." Mater put in as he showed the letter to Lightning to him.

Lightning raised an eyebrow as he looked puzzled. "Huh, That's weird," Lightning pointed out as he looked at it as he slowly grabbed it out of his friend's hands. "Nobody normally sends me anything unless I have fanmail from a fan." Lightning added as he looked at the mail with a puzzled look as he ripped the top of the letter with his finger. He looked inside the envelope and there was a folded piece of paper in the envelope as he unfolded it to look at it.

As he looked into it he then saw a familiar hand writing on the letter. He ignored it and tried to continue reading aloud as Mater and Sally could hear it.

"Dear, Montgomery Lightning McQueen," Lightning blurted out as he recognized his real name. Which made Sally and Mater completely confused. "It seems like a life time since I last saw you. Twenty years really speeds up fast huh old sport?" Lightning continued to read as he looked at the words that were in cursive. "I've got some things to tell you, if you want to come over to New York City, in honor of celebrating your victory of not giving up in racing. Sincerely, anonymous?"

Lightning ended the sentence as he raised an eyebrow while his voice raised. He pulled the paper away from him as his voice sounded a little high of a confused expression. Mater looked confused as he rubbed the back of his neck while looking at Lightning.

Mater broke out the silence. "Montgomery? Who in tarnation is 'Montgomery?' Mater questioned as he looked at his friend.
"Oh, it's my real name Mater." Lightning explained as he smiled at Mater nervously. Mater gave him the most puzzled look ever. "What? I thought your real name was Lightning McQueen!"
Mater.