𝐢𝐢𝐢. summer nights.

Start from the beginning

we'd been swimming for about 20 minutes when everyone split up into their own little groups.

i was with belly and taylor on one side of the pool and steven was with jeremiah on the other side of the pool.

when all of a sudden taylor gasps and says "let's play chicken!"

"what no, i haven't played that since i was like 12" belly says disagreeing.

"i'm down" i say, actually wanting to play chicken.

"hey, i'm down too, come on steven" jere says, while winking at steven. i honestly don't know if i'm seeing things but he definitely just winked at him, why though?

"i call jeremy" taylor says, swimming over to jeremiah.

"ugh that means i'm stuck with steven" belly says complaining.

"well i guess i'm not gonna play then" i say sadly, swimming over to the edge of the pool.

steven then looks at me like i'm stupid and says "no, i want you to be my partner b" with an adorable smile.

"are you serious?" i ask him, swimming back over to him and smiling.

"yeah of course" he says going under water so that i can't get on his shoulders.

but i can't help but notice the sad smile taylor has on her face. i wonder if she likes steven? i guess i'll ask her later.

me and steven end up beating taylor and jere and then playing another round with jere and belly and beating them too.

as soon as we beat jere and belly, i was still sitting on steven's shoulders when conrad and nicole walk onto the back patio.

i look at conrad with a big grin and glance
down at steven, while conrad gives me a huge smile and wide eyes.

"hi, happy birthday belly" nicole says, smiling at belly.

"thank you!" belly says with a wide grin.

"hey uh, does everyone want to play a real game" jere offers.

everyone says yes, and so we start playing volleyball.

everything was going good, until it was taylor's turn to serve.

"i don't think your ready for this" taylor says while serving the ball.

i guess we all thought it was going to be an amazing serve, but it ends up hitting nicole in the face.

taylor busts out laughing and then says "oh my gosh, i'm so sorry."

of course i think everything is funny, so of course i start laughing, which makes taylor laugh harder and the boys start laughing too.

"guys" belly says, with a stern voice while turning to look at us.

nicole and conrad get up to go inside, and i say "i'm so sorry nicole, i think everything is funny, so i'm so sorry."

she lets out a little laugh and says "it's ok, i would've laughed too" before her and conrad go in the house.

well that was funny.