~taaron se karein baatein~

Start from the beginning

He laughed lightly and shook his head. Umeed kept looking at him with awaiting eyes. Why was he here?

Farjaad brought forward his other hand from behind his back. A pair of beautiful white and purple gajras in them. Umeed gasped despite his hand still covering her mouth. 

"Tumhari kalaiyaan waqaye khaali lag rahi hein. Wo is liye kyun ke mene socha tha in mein gajray mein khud apnay haathon se pehnaahon ga."

Slowly he lifted his hand from her mouth, and held both of her wrists in his hands, softly bringing them towards himself. Shifting forward, he softly slid up the gajray on her wrists, letting his fingers linger over her hands a little longer, and then held both of her hands in his. 

"Beautiful"

Umeed murmered under her breath, staring at her wrists.

"Very."

His voice was equally low. Eyes not moving an inch away from her face. 

Just at the moment, Haya entered the room, panicking.

"Farjaad bhai, uthein aap, chalein waapis jaayein. Pasha sahab kab se aap ka pooch rahay hein aur ab sab ko shak honay laga hai."

Both Umeed and Farjaad jumped up, Umeed practically kicking him out of the room, and shutting the door off. 

As Farjaad stumbled and tried to regain his stability, he saw Pasha sahab walking twards Umeed's room. He ran in the other direction and hid behind a door. It was the bathroom. That bathroom.

He casually walked out, this time with his shoulders wide, taking confident steps. 

"Aray barkhurdaar, tum yahan kya kar rahay ho?"

"Wo uhh, Pasha uncle, washroom gaya tha mein."

Pasha sahab's eyes squinted ever so slightly, as if he did not believe him. He looked at Farjaad, then towards Umeed's room. Farjaad's eyes followed him, trying to mantain his composure. 

"Acha ab jao, neeche sab pooch rahay hein tumhara."

He didn't need to be told twice, as he all but ran down. 

~

Everything was straight out of a dream. From the moment Umeed entered the venue, looking radiant as ever, to the rasmein. Farjaad never knew he needed this in his life. He was never too big on the concept of shaadi anyway, and especially not a wedding with all the numerous traditions and rituals. But sitting there, at that moment, next to the woman that lit his entire universe up, he couldn't help but wonder if this is what life was all about. 

Happiness and joy, without the fear of them going away. 

Getting lost in the moment, without having to worry about missing a meeting or being left behind in the rat race of life. 

As he looked to his side, seeing Umeed smile from ear to ear as some woman placed mehndi on her hand and complimented her, he wished to frame this moment and replay it in front of his eyes for eternity. All she had to do was be there, right next to him, and suddenly everything felt like it was falling into place. 

Once the rasams came to an end, and most of the guests started to leave after dinner, Sameer, Haya, Aagu Jaan, Maryam and AK began freestyle dancing in front of the stage. Farjaad and Umeed were busy laughing at them, when Haya and Sameer pulled them along. 

It was Umeed and Farjaad now in the middle of a circle the rest around them had made around them. Their eyes met each other, there was a certain newness to the whole situation suddenly. It was as if they were officially 'one' for the whole world. No more restrictions. A new phase.