"That's not f-"

"Fair?" Hermione asked, getting up as she grabbed her bag. "Oh, honey, who told you life was fair? The sooner you get things done, the sooner I talk to him. That's our deal and that's final - end of discussion. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go." Hermione said with a wink, walking out the door. She closed the door behind her and felt a rush of emotions hitting her all at once - accomplishment, pride, happiness, satisfactory.

As Hermione walked away, her co-workers all swarmed around her office to hear an angry scream from the petite brunette inside. She was livid.

--

And by the next day, the whole Wizarding World knew the truth. Astoria Greengrass had confessed that she had lied about everything. And to make matters even better, she released a public announcement of her apology. By then, everyone knew the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

"So we did it?" Draco asked as he sat down on Hermione's couch. "We finally got rid of Astoria Greengrass, for good? Just like that? Don't you think it was too easy?"

"We did it. We finally got rid of her." Hermione said, walking over with an apple in her hand as she plopped herself right down next to him. "She's not going to show herself to the world for a while. Draco, that girl values her pride and image more than anything and we pushed her to destroy both those things all in one day. I bet she's already in Florence, starting a new life."

"Do you reckon she's going to come back?" Draco questioned, scratching his head as he put an arm around Hermione's shoulders.

"I wouldn't count on it." Hermione chuckled as she took a bite of her apple.

"But Hermione, she's completely insane. What if she's so crazy that she tries to get rid of you, permanently for ruining her life?" Draco asked with shock as he stared at Hermione. "The scary thing is, I feel like she would take it to extreme measures."

Hermione opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. "Valid point," She said with a small scoff. "She's crazy."

"It's okay, I'll just sleep here tonight with you. You know, to protect you in case she really does try to kill you." Draco said with a sly grin, pulling Hermione closer to him.

Hermione laughed as she stared up at him. "Wow, so smooth, Draco Malfoy."

"I'm serious, I'm sleeping here tonight."

"With whose permission?"

"Mine," He said as he planted a kiss on her cheek. "Aren't you going to feed me?"

"I didn't know you were going to sleep over today." Hermione said, taking another bite of her apple. "Besides, I don't have any food in my house right now."

"Well, I can start on this," He said, snatching the apple from Hermione and taking a bite out of it. "Mhm, this is good."