Kevin hasn't spoken since Daniele started to explain the full plan and I am worried about what he is thinking about and then he makes his thought aloud. «What if he wants me to kill someone to prove to him that I actually want to be like him?» He demands and his eyes have something I can't fully read but he probably doesn't want either to have someone on his chest and risk jail.

«You can shoot someone in some body part in order to make them look like dead but they're not. It will take one hour for them to revive,» Daniele conveys with a firm glance at Kevin. «But in the worst case, I will take care of that. You don't need to worry, you won't run in jail except if you back off from the plan.»

«I have records,» Kevin speaks again.

«Is there any proof about it?»

I lift my eyes to Kevin's face as he shakes his head. «My father always cleaned everything,» he admits. «Whatever I or he have done, it doesn't exist.»

«That's why we're here, right?» Daniele tilts his head, switching his look from Kevin to me and back to him. «We need to collect new proofs so we can finally finish all this sadism war. We'll all have what we want: me accomplishing a case I have open since you weren't born and you being free from your family's name.» A little break. «Do you have brothers?»

Kevin's silence makes me confused about it. Has he?

«I had,» he starts. «He is no longer alive.»

My heart drops as he gives me a quick look, knowing he should've told me.

«Then you're one child. If your father goes to jail, the spot will be empty for a while,» Daniele keeps talking as Kevin hasn't just said one of the saddest things I've heard from him.

He had a brother and he is dead. How did he die? Is it his father's fault? Was he younger or older? All this question spins in my head while they keep talking but I can't hear them. I sigh looking down at my fingers, counting them like I don't know how many I have and then I check my hand on Kevin's. He hasn't left my leg since he touched it. The grip is gentle and I can see a little part of his tattoo appearing under his black leather jacket. Without even noticing it, I am rubbing my thumb on his skin and I feel his body react to my touch by stiffening but his voice is still neutral.

«Enede,» Daniele calls me and I quickly look up to face the man on the other side of the desk. «You won't have an active part in this plan but you can help me from here, collecting proof and keeping everything in order. As you can see, I am a mess. I won't reject a female touch.»

I give him a comforting smile, nodding. «Sure. I wasn't going to step aside anyway, so for me, it's okay,» I comment shrugging. «And yes, you need an organisation here.»

«Don't judge my work, young lady.»

«I am not. I am judging your way to keeping altogether,» I joke raising my shoulder. «It seems like the second world war was in this room.»

Kevin chuckles at my words as Daniele gives me an annoyed look. «I get it, I am a messy man but I have no time to take care of the space around me.»

«You should. Chaotic space gives chaotic work. I'll help you wrap everything together, don't worry.»

Daniele looks at Kevin. «How do you handle her?»

Kevin shakes his head, with an amused gaze. «I don't,» he answers and I smile. «I think no one can. She can be very stubborn.»

«Yeah, I have realised that.»

«I am still here but you can keep your chat as if I don't,» I fend off and then leave Kevin's hand to stand up. «Is there a coffee machine?»