Blame It On The Alcohol (🍋)

Start from the beginning

"I just needed some time alone to clear my head," DJ said.

Tara felt her eye twitch in frustration as she stared at the man. "Except one small problem there is a masked kill lurking around every corner" she argued.

DJ knew she had a point and yet for some reason, he didn't want to lose this argument. "Well, If you haven't noticed you're here too," he said.

"Yeah because you wouldn't answer your fucking phone!" She yelled.

DJ didn't have a comeback, he simply ran a hand over his face and sighed. Why is he being a dickhead.

Tara watched as he stood there and shook her head. "You are the most inconsiderate dick I have ever met," she said angrily.

DJ furrowed his brows and folded his arms. "Why, because I kept a few secrets from everybody"

Tara scoffed and shook her head. "No that's-"

"Then why Tara, Explain to me why the hell do I need to keep apologizing for protecting the people I love!" He shouted.

"Because you don't care about what happens to you, and that hurts me Dwight!" she yelled back.

DJ stood there and let her words ring through his head. He hurt her, one of his biggest fear came to life. Tara wiped away the tears forming in her eyes and stared at him.

"You don't care about what happens if you die and leave us behind. Chad and Mindy would break. You're like their brother. Your mom already lost Dewey how do I tell her that her son is gone too".

DJ felt every word that came from her mouth and his eyes watered at the thought of his family suffering.

"T, I-"

"I'm not finished," she said cutting him off. DJ closed his mouth and nodded. "Do you know what I would do "

DJ remained stoic and shook his head. This was her time to speak her mind so he remained silent.

"I would lose my freaking mind, it would have felt like being stabbed in the heart over and over, I would rather be stabbed a million times than lose you".

DJ took a step towards the girl his heart twisting and tying into a knot at her words.

"Please T, don't say that" he begged.

Tara shrugged and shook her head. "Why, It's true, because no matter what, I would always love you and I would never forgive myself if something happened to you," she said in a broken voice.

The two looked at each other with pain written on their faces. Both tired and out of breath from the whole ordeal. As they stared at each other there was a significant fact that repeatedly bounced around DJ's head.

She still loved him and he was still madly in love with her. So when Tara walked past him to leave he grabbed her wrist and pulled her close to him. And without another second, wasted. DJ leaned down and captured her lips with his own.

And for about two seconds he was feeling an emotion he could only describe as bliss until he was shoved backward by Tara. DJ regained his composure and stared at her with a mix of emotions in his eyes.

She was surprised at his actions and stared at him. "Why did you do that," she asked.

DJ walked forward and gently cupped her face with his hands. He wiped away the tears that fell from her eyes.

"Because I love you. I need you to know that T. You won't ever lose me, no matter what I'll always come back to you" he said softly.

⚠️Warning⚠️