He laughed in response to my question and directed his attention to his vibrating phone.

I walk into the bathroom and close the door, locking it. After I do my business and wash my hands, I stare at my reflection. Staring at my self in the mirror has became apart of my daily routine ever since my incident. I honestly look like I got hit by a bus..

My knees go weak and I catch myself by holding onto the counter. In the process, it knocks my hairbrush into the floor.

The patter of footsteps running towards the bathroom could be heard. "Ash? Are you ok?!" Colby exclaimed frantically; jiggling the door knob.

"I'm fine! Just dropped something." I explained through the door.

God what'd I do for everything to be normal again.

I've been texting my dad but no response. He was the last parent I could depend on but now..I just depend on myself.

Colby waited outside the door for me and helped me back to the couch. "Thank you kind sir." I said in a very awful British accent.

"You're welcome m'lady." Colby retaliated back in the same awful accent.

Giggling and laughing have also became a frequent thing around Colby, he really is the funniest and sweetest guy I've ever met.

"Colbyyyy.." I wined grabbing his attention. "Yes?" He asked. "Can you go grab me another blanket please? My arms are cold." I asked, giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

"But I don't wanna get upppp.." he said, giving me the most adorable puppy eyes back. He then scooted closer to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders like he was doing beforehand.

"Better?" He said smiling down at my now blushing face.

I nodded while smiling widely and nuzzled my way closer to his torso. This is definitely better than a blanket..

Throughout the movie I could feel myself drifting off...

[Colby]
The movie was now over and the credits were playing. Light snoring could be heard. I look down to a peaceful, sleeping Astrid.

I don't think I have ever stared at something so beautiful.. My heart races when she's near and I just can't help but smile.

I turned off the Tv and propped my legs up on the coffee table. The snoring was so comforting and she looked so content. Impulsively, I kissed her forehead gently.

I could really get used to this...

[THE NEXT DAY]
I woke up without the comfort I fell asleep in.

Blinking away the light, I looked around for the pretty girl I was falling for. She was walking out of her room, dressed and put together.

"Colby it's over!!" She said jumping around gently; still getting used to walking around and being more active than she has been.

"I know!" I said chuckling. "Can we please go get breakfast!? I'm tired of eating cereal every morning.." Astrid asked sweetly.