🪵|two

Episode onepart twopilot

Episode one
part two
pilot

AMELIA AND HER MOTHER WAITED PATIENTLY AND NERVOUSLY as emily gilmore left to the door.

"Look who came to visit!" Emily says as she walks back into the room with lorelai by her side.

The both of them walk in closer, emily joining the other two on the couch and lorelai sitting infront of her.

"So you said you were taking a business class?" Emily asks.

"yeah, mhm, yeah." lorelai stumbles. "Im taking a business class at the college twice a week. im sure i told you." she explains

"Well, if youre sure then you must have." emily says.

"she told me." courtney chimes in.

"hm." emily says. "could i get you some tea?" emily asks lorelai.

"i would love some coffee." she replies.

Courtney and Amelia turn their attention to the door as it opens.

"Emily, i'm home." Richard shouts.

"We're in here Richard." she responds.

he walks in not looking up from his paper.

"hi dad." both Lorelei and Courtney say in unison.

He looks up slowly, examining the room.

"What is it, Christmas already?" he asks

"Lorelai was taking a business class at the college and decided to stop by, and Courtney and Millie had something urgent to talk to me about."

"What business class?" he asks.

"Well, she told us about it, dear, don't you remember?"

"No."

"Well, actually i came here for a reason. thats why they are here too." she says referring to her sister and niece. "Dad, would you mind sitting down for a minute." she asks richard who has now made his way to the window behind the couch.

"You need money." he responds.

"I have a situation." she says.

"You need money." he repeats.

"Dad, would you just sit down." Courtney bursts, loosing her patience.

"Are you in a hurry?" he asks her.

"Yes actually, i am dad. i need somewhere to be soon, so could you please listen to Lorelai?" Courtney says, looking at her father, who finally gives the group of girls his attention.

"Um, Rory has been accepted to Chilton." Lorelai finally spits out. 

"Chilton? oh, thats a wonderful school." emily says patting her oldest niece on the lap. "Its only five minutes away from here and Millie goes.

"Yes, thats why Rory applied and because, you know. Shes smart!" lorelai adds. "And she can start as soon as monday, its just... the problem is that they want me to put down an enrollment fee plus the first semester tuition and i have to do it immediately or she loses her spot." Lorelai explains.

"So, you need money." Richard says, once again.

"Yes, well technically Rory needs the money, not Lorelai." Courtney adds.

"And i fully intend to pay you back every cent. i dknt ask for favors, you know that." Lorelai adds.

"Oh, yes, we know." emily sighs.

"Ill get the checkbook." Richard says.

"Thank you. You have no idea. Thank you." Lorelai says.

"On one condition." Emily says pointing up her finger.

"So close." Millie whispers to her mother.

"Since we are now financially involved in your life. i want to be actively involved in your life." Emily says.

"What does that mean, mother?" Lorelai asks.

"I want a weekly dinner with you and Rory, like how i have with these two." she says, referring to Friday night dinners she has with Courtney and Millie.

"What?" Lorelai responds.

"Friday nights, you and Rory will have dinner here with the four of us." Emily explains.

"Mom-" Lorelei says before getting cutoff.

"And you have to call us once a week to give us and update on her schooling and your life. Thats it. Thats the condition. If you agree, you'll come to dinner tomorrow night and leave here with a check. Otherwise, Im sorry, we cant help you." Emily goes on.

"I dont want her to know that i borrowed money from you. Can that just be between us?" Lorelai asks.

"Seven o'Clock work for you?" emily asks.

"Perfect." she responds.

Lorelai glances up at the giant painting of the family above the fireplace. Richard, Emily, her and then her sister. She looks back over to the group and smiles.