Ch. 21: Home Sweet Home

Start from the beginning

They saw the Titan's skull. Everyone gasped at the sight of it, Camila gasped because of the sheer size of it even from this distance!

'It's the size of a city!' She thought.

Amity, Gus, Hunter, and Willow gasped because of how damaged the skull had become while they were gone; the entire left half of the skull and horn were gone. Possibly used to construct the strange giant crown/castle hovering over it.

'The Collector.' They thought, assuming they were responsible for it.

"This place is... weird." Willow said, noticing all the changes to the environment. "And not the usual weird that I'm accustomed to."

"Yeah, looking at all these bright colors and rainbows are making my eyes hurt." Gus said.

"Just be glad they aren't painbows." Luz said, walking again. "Come on, let's get to the Owl House and see if anyone managed to hide there."

The group slid down the hill and Camila looked at Luz.

'Is she... going to be the size of this place?' She thought.

Half Titan or not, if Luz would grow to be THAT big, Camila might have trouble housing Luz depending on how much she grows and how fast.

Not to mention how much she'll eat! She already eats so much, forget crying, Camila's wallet was playing Russian Roulette with a AK-47!

'I need more practice with the plant glyph.' Camila thought, thinking she needs to grow large fruits and vegetables to at least try to fend of BANKRUPTCY!

"Mom, you coming?!" Luz called out to her.

"Yes! I'm on the way!" Camila said, rushing to catch up with them.

After more walking, they made it to the Owl House as Luz was seeing it for the first time in months. Just like her, it had changed a lot too as it was now deserted and barren. Several words of graffiti were painted around the house to disrespect Eda while "praising" the Emperor's coven.

"I'm going to have to scrub that off sometime later, and somehow fix the broken window." Luz said, focusing on the house itself.

"We'll help and think about that later. Let's get inside, maybe there's something we can use." Amity said, walking to the house.

Everyone followed Amity before Luz grabbed the handle and had a small smile, not filled with happiness but filled with sadness.

"Welcome to..." Luz said as she opened the door. "The Owl House."

The inside was as Luz remembered, empty as people most likely have looted the place after the Emperor's Coven ambush.

"Its....a little hollow." Camila said, looking around. "I hate to think about what happened here."

"Yeah, us too." Gus said.

"You guys stay down here, I'll look upstairs for anyone or anything that might be left." Luz said, already walking to the stairs.

"I'll come with you." Amity said, not wanting to leave Luz alone.

"Thanks." Luz said.

"We'll check out the kitchen." Willow said for her and Gus.

"I'll check the backyard." Hunter said.

Luz slowly walked upstairs with Amity and Ghost following her. Everywhere Luz looked brought back memories of her time here. Good, bad, funny, sad...all of them were precious in their own way and almost brought tears to Luz's eyes.

"Last time I was here I was human... now I'm basically King's sibling." Luz muttered.

"Yeah. Life works...I don't know, life is pretty fucked up." Amity said, shrugging.