Chapter 1:, Mission Debrief

2 years ago – Brittish Ministry of Magic London

A young 19 years old woman who had dark unruly hair that trailed mid way down her back and bright almost glowing emerald green eyes was currently sat a cubicle with the Brittish Ministry of Magic trying to begin a report due for her boss Clarissa Newton.   This woman's name was Lady Amyrillis Lillian Potter-Black nicknamed Amy or Ames by her close friends.  It was around 3 pm in the afternoon when her best friend Ronald Weasley approached her desk.  "Hey Amy, do you have a moment?  Lisa wants to see you in conference room 4" informed Ron distracting Amy.  "Sure no worries, any idea what its about?" Amy asked getting up and stretching.

"I'm not 100% sure but I heard rumours on increased supernatural activity especially in the US that the American ministry doesn't know what to make out of it.  In addition, it might have something to do with your uncle Xavier" Ron mentioned shrugging apologetically at his friend.  "Hmm, why do they want an auror for it, why not someone to do with Magical Creatures" I enquire pushing my chair in before making my way to the head aurors office.  "No idea but by the sounds of it no one has any clue what is happening for some aren't even acting like regular magical creatures.  For example, MACUSA have had reports of werewolves eating peoples hearts not just biting them.  Not to mention there are rumours about some mugggles getting magic somehow.  Not only that but ghosts are getting violent and taking innocent lives. Even Hermione is stumped and she figures out everything.  Even the Scamander family is unsure of what to make from it" stated Ron.  Amy hummed in understanding before knocking on the door for the Head Aurors office.

"Enter" beckoned a voice from inside.  Ron clapped his friend on the shoulder in good luck.  "See you after" Ron muttered earning a nod of confirmation with Ron before making way to return to his own desk of paperwork.  Taking a deep breath, Amy seized the handle and entered.  Inside was a large conference table where vie people sat, including: the Minister for Magic Kingsley Shacklebolt, the head of the Department for Magical Law enforcement Sasha Reynolds, the head of the Department for Magical Creatures, William Dunston, head of the auror office Clarissa Newton and Hermione Granger were sitting around the table each with a debriefing folder and a cub of tea or coffee in front of them.  "Ah Lady Potter Potter-Black you have arrived at last" declared Clarissa Newton standing up for a hand shake.  "Please as always Madam" Amyrillis greeted politely with a small smile giving a slight curtsy to the Minister for Magic at the head of the table which was waved off.  Kingsley Shacklebolt was never one for formalities even in serious situations. 

"Please take a seat Miss Potter-Black" requests Mr Dunston.  Amy nodded politely in acceptance before taking her seat between the head auror and Hermione.  "Would you like a drink" offered Clarissa to which Amy politely declined.  Each wizard wore a set of formal blue, black or in Minister Shacklebolt's case bright navy.  Meanwhile, the witches were wearing black pencil skirts, stockings, black shoes, white blouses with black and blue trimmed blazer robes.  "Good to see you Miss Potter-Black" greeted Minister Shacklebolt kindly before asking "do you know everyone here"?  "I've met everyone here before except Mr Dunston.  I'm only familiar with his name.  It is good to be able to put a name to a face now" Amy responds giving a friendly nod to him.  "Likewise Lady Potter-Black, the media does not do you justice" commented William Dunston.  "Please, we are all colleagues here.  Call me Amy or Amyrillis if you are not comfortable.  Everyone does" Amy insists blushing slightly.  "I'll keep that in mind.  Thank you" said Mr Dunston before a throat is cleared by Clarissa Newton.

"Excellent, to business then" announced Clarissa once she had obtained everyone's attention.  "Right, this meeting has been called today because of a plea for help was made by the Minister of Magic of MACUSA in the United States" began Kingsley formerly.  "Yes and we were reached out to for consultancy purposes initially because creatures behaviour were differing to normal" Mr Dunston adds rubbing his nose.  "Yes even Mr Newt Scamander is at a loss for what's happening even though these aren't his typical creatures" added Hermione giving her friend Amy a comforting look.  "So I've heard, there has been rumours floating around about this stuff" Amy nodded in acknowledgement.