She could confidently leave Mia in his care. What she saw today proved he was capable and willing to become a good father for their daughter. She could see he was trying his best to make up for lost times by getting to know her these last one week. His work didn't matter more than Mia and that came as a big and huge surprise to her. Had he began changing.

Eden smiled and brought out some chocolates from her purse flaunting it right in front of Mia's eyes. Mia was happy and shaked her mother's body making Eden gasp as the huge chocolate bar slipped out of her hands. Lionel reached out and caught it for her while his gaze passed against her green eyes making him halt instantly in his action.

Eden also noticed his eyes locked with hers and neither did she look away. Lionel's heart kept pounding him and reminding him of his regret. How much he wished he could turn back time and fix everything. To fix his family and become one once again but he knew with all the wealth he had, he couldn't buy nor control time. Not a day went by after staring at her picture on his phone screen every morning did the guilt not erupt within him. He regretted his every actions and wished to correct his mistakes but he couldn't now.

He couldn't correct his mistakes even If he wished to. She was someone else's now. She wasn't available for him anymore. He wasn't worthy of her love for him and that made him drown in guilt. Eden always proved her love for him in many ways while he took her love for granted while pursuing his career. Right now when he thought about it, he wasn't happy in his life even after acquiring all his wealth earning him the title of a billionaire. With all he had, he still felt alone and sad. A life without her was torture and it was only a week ago he realized.

"Eden. How's..." Julian rushed into the room and paused noticing Eden and Lionel's position. Lionel broke the eye lock after hearing Julian's voice. He cleared his throat and Eden blinked before recollecting herself together. She handed the chocolate bar to Mia and turned around to find Julian staring blankly at her. "You took so long," She said. "I couldn't find a parking spot and I had to park the car outside the hospital driveway." Julian replied and glanced over at Lionel before looking down and smiling at Mia. He knelt down and hugged her tightly. "Are you okay Mia?" Julian asked worriedly. "Am fine Julian," Mia said while chewing on her chocolate bar.

"Am glad. You see sweetie, Mia's a strong girl." He leaned forward and kissed her mouth making Eden blink at his sudden act. Lionel stayed and watched silently. He could tell why Julian did what he did. He was a man too and knew Julian was trying to defend his territory and he wanted him to know that clearly.

"I'll go downstairs to reception and pay the bills..." Lionel said. "It's not a problem Mr Bluebird. I'll pay the bills." Julian cut him off and smiled while grabbing Eden by her waist. Eden stared at him dumbfounded by what he just said. Eden moved her eyes to Lionel and as she expected, Lionel didn't like what Julian said. Lionel dug both his hands into his pants pocket and gave Julian a hard glare and warning.

His eyes trailed down to Julian's hands holding Eden's waist possessively and pulling her against his body. Eden just gulped and stared blankly feeling the situation around her getting awkward. Lionel smirked afterwards and turned his heated gaze back to Julian. "Listen and listen good Julian. Mia's my daughter. And am very much more capable of taking care of her. She's my responsibility and am her father so butt out if you don't want trouble. Believe me I can make your life a living nightmare if you come between me and my daughter." Lionel warned and Julian frowned not liking his threats.

"Are you threatening me Mr Bluebird?" Lionel smiled. "You can take it as a threat or a warning but I never deliver empty words out loud." Lionel's face got stern and he turned to face Eden with his hard expression softening. "I'll be back after paying and signing the discharge papers." Lionel walked out of the room after that.