"okay, so, one of our best team members was recently severely injured and is finally back after two months, let's clap it up for ms. lena who has healed safely." coach p announced and the team started clapping. when everyone stopped, calvin was still going, making everyone side eye him, especially melena.

"and we also need to go over a few things. i've been letting too many things slide. we have people fighting, being messy, and having too many demerits. i'm not gon say no specific names but a few people have been thinking i'm joking when it comes to demerits." she paused to make eyecontact with the people she was talking to.

coach parks went on a rant about the whole demerits list. "now i thought i wouldn't have to add this since y'all are literal children but i was wrong. i get that we're in harlem and we're trying to have a good experiences and hang with our friends that are in things they don't have business doing but gang violence is an automatic no. CALVIN" she trailed off to let him know it was targeted.

"now, enough of that, y'all ready to get started?" she clapped. everyone made their way to the football field from the emergency door.

-
5:15 pm
the group was on their last set of warmups. "20 push ups and dash to the hundred meter. group one, go" coach p yelled over the loud music playing.

melena crossed her arms and put them on top of her head, catching her breath since she was in the next group.

once the first group got to the 50 meter point, coach smacked her hand on the rubber, indicating the second group can begin.

she got on the ground and quickly started counting her push ups in her head. shortly after she started, she finished all twenty and sprinted down to the finish line,

as she ran, she kept her back straight up, tightened her arms at a 70° angle while swinging them for extra momentum and bent which ever leg was up and kept the other one straight.

(a/n: ds was not explained right at all)

she was the first one to the finishing line and and waited there for the rest of her group.

5:30 pm
after the last warm up, coach p made everyone do 2 miles and after that, she split everyone up in their groups for what they wanted to practice in.

the 100 meter was for long jumps, the curve after that was for hurdles, the mirroring side of the 100 was for relay and the mirroring side on the curve was for pole vaulting.

Melena and Calvin was in the hurdling group.

as she jumped over her last hurdle, coach parks stopped her before she ran to start again. "lemme holla atchu real quick Lena"

she nodded and walked on the football turf, waiting for the coach to start talking. "i'm jus tryna make sure you're alright. you sure you ready to be doing all this when you just got out the hospital not too long ago?"

"yes, p, i'm fine. they said i could come right back after like a month" lena nodded, 'they' being the doctor

"okay, well, we have three track meets on the next three saturdays and you're not going to participate." coach p stated, making melenas jaw drop and furrow her brows.

she had been so excited to come back to track and now she can't even do her favorite thing.

"what?! das not even fair, yo. you gotta let me do em. ian been at one in mad long, i miss this shi- stuff, man." she protested. "i'm fine, look," she lifted up to show the now closed bullet wound. "see, it's healed"

coach chuckled after she pulled up her shirt. she was about to raise the sleeve of her shirt to show the one on her shoulder but was cut off by coach p moving her hand.