Family Dinner

Tarsem has dinner with his mate, finally getting to talk to Jake.
__________

He was nervous. How couldn't he be? The most important and first man in his mate's life would be sitting right in front of him. Not to mention that he was the clan's olo’eyktan. Great Mother, he was nervous. You could see it as his tail flickered erratically as his ears were pinned to his head, his hands fiddling with the satchel on his shoulder.

"Maybe this is a bad idea."

"Nonsense, Sem! This is one of the rare times father will be able to eat with us! On time!"

"Then why am I here? Shouldn't you enjoy your night with your family?"

He almost bumps into the woman as she whipped her head around as she stared at him as if he had stole her favorite fruit. She goes to yell at him, but sees the uncertainty on his face. He was afraid.

She cups his face, his hands instantly going to the sides of her growing stomach. How did he even feel about the baby? About him? He wouldn't know what to do if he couldn't see you anymore.

"You are apart of my family. I would be upset if you weren't, considering that the life growing inside me is ours."

He chuckles at her playful smile, leaning into her hands. She always knew what to say when he got like this.

"Thank you, ma yawne."

"You're welcome, ma yawntu."

"Sissy!"

At the voice, Tarsem protects the woman's stomach as a small body crashes into her.

"Hello, my little bug!"

"Tuk, you need to be careful around her stomach!"

Tarsem says to the girl, ears pinned back as he scolded her gently.

"Sorry! You two were taking so long! Come on! Come on!"

Tuk goes behind Tarsem, trying to push him forward. It didn't work, that man was like a brick. Tarsem chuckles at the girls attempts, but eventually plays along.

"Follow me, sis!"

She does with a chuckle. As if she didn't know where her childhood home would be. Tarsem stopped a couple times, teasing Tuk as he put more of his weight on her. They eventually got there, Tarsem smiling widely and laughing.

"Finally! You're so heavy!"

Tuk hits his side, the man flinching as he tried to avoid her hits. They didn't hurt, but were uncomfortable. The pregnant woman walks in as her family greets her mate.

Lo'ak went to hug the man, patting his back. Neteyam smiled at the man, nodding at him, while Kiri and her mother greet him verbally. Her mother hugs the man, getting an awkward pat in response. Her mother hisses at his behavior, bonking his head gently.

She chuckled at this, getting everyone else's attention.

"Sister!"