It's been a while

(I've been having writers block as of now. Along with mental issues that have sorta been getting swept under the rug. What f u n. O'brien and Dave have a talk about September, 15, 1992.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

・Theme: Mandela Catalogue・

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was a windy afternoon in Mandela county. Usually most people would be picking up their kids and getting home from work so they can get home early. O'brien would be doing the same though he just couldn't help but feel guilty about what happened a few years...It's been a while since Dave had called him after what happened...Maybe he should visit him. He gets up from his seat and walks off. One of the nuns stopped him mid-way. "Hey...You gonna head out now?" He nods his head in response. 

"Gonna check up on Dave...It's been a while since he called..."   "Just be sure to be safe out there Father Carnelian...You know those things have been targeting people of religion right...?" He sighs, giving her a hug. "I'll be fine, trust me." They both nod at each other before he walks off and exits the church. He hops into his car and pulls out his phone. He waited...And waited...Until finally Dave answered after the 3rd call back.

"Something urgent happening, O'brien?"  "No...I just wanted to have a talk with you...Please? It's been a while and I feel like something is seriously wrong."  "I don't feel like it's been a while...I text every now and then and we make small talk. This is a small county, you can't hide from someone..."  "So why do you try, Dave? Feels like you're hiding from me and others." He stays silent for a bit, music playing in his background. He must have been at his tech store...

After a while of silence he sighed. "Y'know what....I'm not gonna be some coward and talk to you behind the phone...You deserve to see my face when I tell you this..." O'brien seemed intrigued at Dave's words. Usually Dave doesn't sound so...Sad...When he speaks...And the fact that he was doing it felt out of character. Yet it was an appropriate response for whatever he was gonna tell him. "Meet me at my house, okay?" Dave pipes up so he can hear him. "Right now or..."  "Right now would be nice, O'brien..."  "Got'cha..." O'brien hangs up the phone and powers on his car...

Once he made it to Dave's house he calmly closed the door. He turns around and jumps in shock, seeing Dave standing behind him. "Where'd you come from?!" Dave chuckled, pulling O'brien into a big hug. "Been a while since we organized a hang out buddy! How's it been? Still working for the church I see." O'brien tries getting out and after a while he gets free from Dave's arm lock. "Hey hey! You're gonna mess up my outfit! Hehe...I've been fine...But this ain't about me..." 

Dave's smile dissolved once O'brien said that. "Oohh right...I wanted to tell you something pretty...Serious...I've been holding it for a while." O'brien smile and warmly replies. "It's okay...Put all your stress on Father Carnelian..." Dave snickers, quickly putting his arm around O'brien before walking inside with him. "Ey now, i'm your friend. Not one of your church attendants."  "Guess you're right...I just wanted to seem more comforting to you...In some way.." "That's a weird way." Dave replies as he sits on the couch. O'brien sits with him, watching him compose himself.

"So...About...September 15th...1992..." O'brien pats his back...Him just saying those three things made his voice shake a bit...O'brien could hear it... "I feel like it was my fucking fault...Yet nobody knows..."  "Why would you think that Dave? You didn't know until Thatcher told you..." He puts his arms on his knees as he leans down. He takes off his glasses, revealing his brown and blue eyes staring down. "That gun he used....I...Gave it to him...I gave it to him when he was 16 as some birthday gift...I taught him how to use it...And when he got it he seemed so happy..."